No announcement yet.

May 5th: Event Card; Favorite Fights: Career to Date

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 5th: Event Card; Favorite Fights: Career to Date

A few days out from the fight; considering all four of the main players on the card, for each of the four, what are your favorite fights from each of the main players; Cotto, Mayweather, Mosley and Canelo.

I recognize that Canelo doesn't have a marquee fight, a marquee win nor done anything notable in this sport, but try. Also, a why at the end why you picked the specified fight is welcome. I'll forgive you if you omit mentioning Canelo for the aforementioned reasons.

Miguel Cotto: Cotto v. Judah -- Probably my all around favorite Cotto fight. It was just a great battle between them. Plus Judah was showing his mental toughness. Cotto took hellacious shots, and still kept coming. Judah was getting a massive beatdown but kept standing. The Garden was buzzing and when it was over, I just blown away by the battle. I occasionally keep the fight in the loop. Runner Up: Cotto v. Margarito II -- A fight many said he'd quit again, completely dominated his nemesis with a combination of accuracy, footwork and inside leverage.

Floyd Mayweather: Mayweather v. Chavez -- This is the fight where Mayweather showed that he had hearts and guts. Chavez was swarming, lighting him up in the body and the head, really making Mayweather dig deep and fire off counters on the inside. Undeterred, Chavez just keep swinging and landing. I think it was the only time seeing May cut, and swollen. Shame that the fight stopped when it did, Chavez deserved better. Either way, Mayweather's accuracy forced their hand. Runner Up: Mayweather v. Hatton -- He just systematically broke him down with accuracy and closed it out in entertaining fashion.

Shane Mosley: Mosley v. De La Hoya I -- Moving up in weight and in a see-saw battle, this fight will always be referred back to whenever I'm having a ****ty day. Just alot of going back and forth between the two. Just a great war between the two. Runner Up: Mosley v. Mayorga -- A fight he was on his way to lose, somehow he mustered up one final assault to KO Mayorga in the closing seconds.

Saul Alvarez: Canelo v. J.M. Cotto -- Well, he got hurt early on and stayed on his feet and did what he had to do. Runner Up: None

Canelo vs. Gomez was a lot closer than the cards made it seem.

Comment

Working...
    X