Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feminism vs truth. (enjoy it while it lasts)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    40 posts, red karma bar, diving headlong into an angry rant...

Say, this wouldn't be your only account now would it?
    One of the others appears before you can say "jacked and gifted":

Originally posted by AVDB View Post
    Say what you want about him but I've been following their argument and once New England resorted to ad hominem it became clear who lost the debate

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
      One of the others appears before you can say "jacked and gifted":
      Didn't understand your comment and why I'm being quoted

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        women are payed less than men for doing the same job. they're less likely to be promoted into positions of power. i've only studied this in the states, but there are scores of peer reviewed bits of scientific inquiry on the inequalities that exist between women and men in the workplace today. these gaps are extremely well studied.

that's only the workplace. there are inequalities elsewhere.

femenism looks to address, and provide criticism of this inequality. you think that's "extreme?"
        Hahahaha

Award for the most beta male poster on this forum goes to... You...

LOL.. A wannabe militant feminist! Limp-wristed beta male.

OP posts a good video,and you defend it with "studies" that you have likely never even read. I highly doubt they examined every variable... Also, there's a difference between correlation, and causation. There could very well be a correlation between being female, and making less money for doing the same job, BUT that doesn't make it the causation (you get paid less because you are a female).

Did they account for level and type of education? Previous experience? Interviews? Ability to demonstrate they can do that same job as effectively?

I could get promoted to the same position as another guy has, and that guy could have been at that position for 5 years - so of course he's going to make more.

Or maybe when we both got hired in, another had a more impressive interview? Demonstrated they could do the job better?

There's so many variables, dymanics, and proclivities that could explain why on average, men paid more than women for the same job.

Comment

Anyway, great thread, OP. This whole feminist movement needs to be exposed.

Same for all this ridiculous "male rape culture" rubbish. #YES ALL WOMEN!

It's funny how these liberal blogs acted so disgusted with the female celebrity nude hacks, and shamed anybody for looking at them. But these same websites will post male nude pictures. haha there was one website, Huff Po, I think, that even posted links to Greg Odoms nude pictures, and said "rate his penis."

Comment

I think the feminist movement needs to start focussing less on perceived male oppression of women and needs to look inwards a bit more.

The pressure women put on other women to act and look a certain way is insane. You only need to read a "woman's" magazine to see how messed up things are now. And these are magazines written by women for women

Comment

Jesus this thread is full of morons.
              #1: Intelligent people are supposed to question mainstream beliefs to gauge their voracity. This includes things like gender wage gaps. If your first impulse when someone asks these questions is to accuse them of "hating women" or never having had sex then a) get out of the thread and b) don't have kids.

#2: If you're so damned dumb that you have to jump to the "you're a limp wristed wimp der de der!" trope when they admit to having post sixteenth century views on gender then a) get out of the thread and b) please please please don't have kids.

Anyway, the second post of this thread asked the only relevant question, namely "what do you mean by feminism". That word has been co-opted into so many different meanings that it's literally useless as a descriptor. People need to come up with other labels that actually describe what they mean or they'll end up in a circle jerk like this thread.

And for the record, I don't believe that the wage gap is that big when looked at properly, but that doesn't mean that there aren't a thousand other things in this culture that are really, really hard on women. Also, there are a thousand DIFFERENT things culture that are really, really hard on men. Anyone of any gender that pretends that only their side gets the shaft in some ways and has advantages in others isn't really looking honestly at the situation. Anyone of any gender who admits these facts will, I think you'll find, be much more interesting and worth conversing with, and will actually be part of a solution rather than just a pity party.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X