Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would De La Hoya be appreciated more if he wasn't so popular with the ladies?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would De La Hoya be appreciated more if he wasn't so popular with the ladies?

Seems like the boxing community and boxing fans in general don't really appreciate Oscar that much, I get a sense of jealousy because he's a handsome bloke, I mean he had a top resume beat Whitaker (which was NOT a robbery btw) and many regard the fight against Trinidad as a robbery.

He just doesn't look like a fighter. People love the way Manny smiles going into the ring. While Delahoya was forced to stop smilling while going into the ring, even after he'd terrorize his opponet by ko.

Comment

lol like people care about that sort of stuff.

I think he gets his proper respect for fighting so many great fighters, even though he came up short in quite a few.

Comment

New boxing fans have no clue how fearless of a fighter Delahoya was when he started the pro ranks.

Comment

Among misogynists, perhaps.

Comment

Fools be hatin on him

Comment

Oscars problem is that he likes to dress up like the ladies. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Gun View Post
                Oscars problem is that he likes to dress up like the ladies. Lol
                Damn it! In too late..

Anyways, no matter what they think of him, he obviously appreciates their clothing slightly more than average.

Comment

It's not that, they just see him as a money lover more than a fighter these days.

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post
                    It's not that, they just see him as a money lover more than a fighter these days.
                    It's truth; promoting is a good way of making money, but a bad way of being popular.

Comment

Working...
                    X