No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Martinez Still Target Floyd Mayweather Jr. Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
    Fights aren't fought on paper smart guy. You never know for sure what is going to happen in the ring between 2 fighters until the 2 fighters actually get in the ring. Upsets occur all the time. Pacquiao would have always been a clear dog if he fought Mayweather, yet that didn't/hasnt stopped people from anticipating tw matchup. You don't sound like a real boxing fan, you sound like you're just a Mayweather hater.
    i sound like a hater? lol. go and listen to some other noise elsewhere then.

Comment

Fights aren't fought on paper smart guy. You never know for sure what is going to happen in the ring between 2 fighters until the 2 fighters actually get in the ring. Upsets occur all the time. Pacquiao would have always been a clear dog if he fought Mayweather, yet that didn't/hasnt stopped people from anticipating tw matchup. You don't sound like a real boxing fan, you sound like you're just a Mayweather hater.
      Pacquiao would have always been a clear dog if he fought Mayweather, yet that didn't/hasnt stopped people from anticipating tw matchup.

You already know what the deal is. But posters only care about "on paper" stuff when it suits their argument or agenda.

Comment

• The biggest fight of our time didn't happen, so this might be a better alternative. That is if Floyd decides to make it happen. And I think this fight is easy to make. There's no Arum to deal with. Sergio would bow down to whatever Floyd wants.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          Pacquiao would have always been a clear dog if he fought Mayweather, yet that didn't/hasnt stopped people from anticipating tw matchup.

You already know what the deal is. But posters only care about "on paper" stuff when it suits their argument or agenda.
          The sad part is that you can't even reason with these guys. I don't care who you are, if we are have a discussion or debate about something and you make a good point then I'll acknowledge it. These guys aren't even to be reasoned with. They have their agendas and they hold on to them like life preservers.

Comment

• Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
            i sound like a hater? lol. go and listen to some other noise elsewhere then.
            No, you go sit on something and spin yourself around.

Comment

The sad part is that you can't even reason with these guys. I don't care who you are, if we are have a discussion or debate about something and you make a good point then I'll acknowledge it. These guys aren't even to be reasoned with. They have their agendas and they hold on to them like life preservers.
              Thats what I don't get. If you want to see floyd lose and think Martinez has the best chance to do it fine, just say it. I dont see what the big deal about admitting it is? But to try and act as if floyd needs to enhance his legacy is ridiculous.

If he wins at MW it makes him far greater, if he loses, nothing has changed other than haters can happily rejoice.

Comment

• Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                lie

Cotto-#1 at 154-2012

Shane-#1 at 147-2010

Ortiz-#2 at 147-2011

try again
                Thanks for pointing this out. If he's already fought the #1 at 154, what's the problem with Martinez at the same weight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  There is no sane reason for the fight at 154?? The koolaid right there. it's the biggest fight that can be made in boxing.

When was the Punisher/Martinez2 & when was Chavez/Martinez?? It's insane to compare the 2, that's crazy.

I guess Floyd fans simply consider it safe to assume Martinez cannot make 154 & then try & pass it off as a fact, when it is most assuredly not.
                  Needless to say, I'm with you on this. But let me ask you something. What would you give Floyd more credit for:

1. Accepting Sergio's challenge at 154
                  2. Fighting him at 158 for the mw title
                  3. Refusing to fight since 160 is unfair to him, and 154 to Sergio

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    floyd v canelo is not as bad as you are making it out to be should they fight. you seem more angered that they are both getting paid so much if they do. Your problem is that a lot of fans, boxing or casual, will purchase it.

For you to have uso many posts criticizing a fight before its signed is a little crazy. Its professional boxing. Fighters make the most they can while they can.
                    But aren't you criticizing a proposed Martinez fight & giving reasons why ginger is the better choice. Pretty weird it's ok when you guys do it.

I mean didn't you just get done calling Floyd/Martinez at 154 insane?? Pots shouldn't call the kettle black bro.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      Needless to say, I'm with you on this. But let me ask you something. What would you give Floyd more credit for:

1. Accepting Sergio's challenge at 154
                      2. Fighting him at 158 for the mw title
                      3. Refusing to fight since 160 is unfair to him, and 154 to Sergio
                      1 & 2 are acceptable. Refusing to fight at all for the reasons specified in 3, are simply unbecoming of a great fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X