No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ramon Garcia Planning To Face Donnie Nietes Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ramon Garcia Planning To Face Donnie Nietes Next

Ramon Garcia, the junior flyweight champion of the World Boxing Organization (WBO), is planning to sign a contract to defend his crown against Donnie Nietes of the Philippines. The fight could be held in the United States. The promoter of Garcia, Edrulfo Castillo, says the fight is appealing to American television networks. Nietes has a respectable record of 28-1 with 16 knockouts and three draws. Nietes has a long list of wins over Mexican boxers, including Armando Vazquez, Mario Rodriguez, Manuel "Chango" Vargas and Eric Ramirez, among others. Garcia has a record of 16-2, with 9 knockouts and a draw.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good matchup...better for donnie it's ramon....he doesn't have same power as his twin...nietes will make him fight...better if it's in MX.......

Comment

So Nietes is moving up? Let me check boxrec.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
        So Nietes is moving up? Let me check boxrec.
        It seems like he already went up..His last fight was at 109lbs(1 pound over the light flyweight limit, which would actually be in the flyweight category)& he's already ranked #2 for García's WBO 108lbs title..Ironically Ramón's twin brother(Raul alias "Rayito") has the WBO Title Nietes vacated at 105lbs..Ramón García is gonna have to be in his A+ game if he wants to try to keep his title, cause Nietes ain't NO JOKE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tomasio View Post
          It seems like he already went up..His last fight was at 109lbs(1 pound over the light flyweight limit, which would actually be in the flyweight category)& he's already ranked #2 for García's WBO 108lbs title..Ironically Ramón's twin brother(Raul alias "Rayito") has the WBO Title Nietes vacated at 105lbs..Ramón García is gonna have to be in his A+ game if he wants to try to keep his title, cause Nietes ain't NO JOKE!!
          He is a joke he lost to chango vargas. But nietes is tall and rangy and it should be a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by theplayerpimp View Post
            He is a joke he lost to chango vargas. But nietes is tall and rangy and it should be a good fight.
            He fought El "Chango" Vargas in Mexico(which is where Vargas is from) & 2 judges had it for Nietes 118-110 & 116-110 & the other 116-112 for Vargas..It doesn't sound much like a robbery to Me, if anything it seems like ONLY 1 judge try rob someone, ay that was the judge that had Nietes loosing!

Comment

It's a good fight as long as its not in Mejico.

Comment

Nietes is unhyped good fighter, and i think if this fight will push-through, then Ramon Garcia on his tile is numbered.. but indeed, it would be a good fight!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SceneSpectator! View Post
                  Nietes is unhyped good fighter, and i think if this fight will push-through, then Ramon Garcia on his tile is numbered.. but indeed, it would be a good fight!!!
                  that's the problem fighting at minimum weight, underappreciated and lack hype and lolz at anyone claiming nietes as a joke...

Comment

After Segura announced that he would be vacating his light flyweight title, Nietes pulled out of his mandatory defense against Raul at the last minute to put himself in a position to challenge the winner of the vacant title, which happened to be won by Raul's brother, Ramon. I think Raul is the better boxer so I guess you could say it was a wise move on his part.

As far as Nietes' previous fight with Vargas is concerned, the two cards in his favor were way too lopsided. It was a close fight with a lot of close rounds that could have gone either way.

Comment

Working...
                    X