Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Mayweather vs Cotto on Fox....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    I also had it even after 8. Cotto doesn't get enough credit for that performance, nor does Pedro Diaz.

Cotto was spent after the big effort in the 8th. Floyd was far more energetic in the 9th and he took the last four rounds. An argument could be made for Cotto in the 10th as Floyd did almost nothing in that round. But he was firmly in control of the fight at that point. Cotto was out of gas.
    Totally in agreement.

Also saw this fight without a beer in me. The first time,I had at least a six pack in me.

Comment

cotto kinda embarrassed floyd in the 6th. he completely outboxed him that round. strange to see.

Comment

I also remember having it 4-4 after 8 then giving Floyd all the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
          You think Floyd almost knocked out Cotto??? No way! He almost knocked him down but he wasn't knocking out nothing bro. PAC caught him with an uppercut that lifted and sent Cotto flying and he got right back up. Took a beating after but he got up. So I honestly don't think Floyd was gonna knock him out. Just would have scored a knockdown.
          I guess I can agree that he got rocked and almost dropped. It would have been a coin toss if Floyd would have tried to finish him. 50/50 that Floyd either finished him or may have got caught by a hurt and dangerous fighter.
          Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          id have to watch it again but i only remember giving Cotto 3 rounds
          I can respect anywhere from 3to5 rounds but to only give Cotto 2 is ridiculous.

Comment

It was a fun fight, I had it 9-3 for Floyd, it was one of the recent fights where out of prime Floyd let his hands go.

Comment

Originally posted by DONDIisBack View Post
              I guess I can agree that he got rocked and almost dropped. It would have been a coin toss if Floyd would have tried to finish him. 50/50 that Floyd either finished him or may have got caught by a hurt and dangerous fighter.

I can respect anywhere from 3to5 rounds but to only give Cotto 2 is ridiculous.
              Gave Cotto 4 rds. And had he scored the knockdown, he probably woulda went for a KO but we will never know. Don't think he could have knocked him out though.

Comment

Another past prime HOF opponent Mayweather struggled against.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
                  cotto kinda embarrassed floyd in the 6th. he completely outboxed him that round. strange to see.
                  I agree. Was twilight zone like..
                  Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                  I also remember having it 4-4 after 8 then giving Floyd all the rest.
                  To be a tie with Floyd after 8 is an accomplishment in itself. Much respect to both.

Comment

I definitely thought this was a better fight than the Maidana fight, at least from an entertainment and pure boxing perspective.

I could see an 8-4 scorecard for Floyd, some of those rounds were close, but Floyd definitely won.

I honestly think this will be one of Floyd's defining wins in the future. This fight will definitely be looked back on as a high point for Floyd.

Comment

cotto was wearing mx murderer gloves and floyd still beat him. he truly is great.

Comment

Working...
                      X