Isnt Rios tailor made for Pacman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    150%

If Rios isn't faced with possible retirement when this is over, Pac should probably retire. That's how bad he should beat Rios up if he has anything left.
    Rios will take some chopping down. Pac doesn't need to be shot to get in trouble. It's a very risky fight for a guy in his position. If he has chin doubts, or gets leg cramps late, he'd be ok vs most top welters, but could get very scary vs Rios. Can't afford to go gunshy or rest on the ropes at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Verstyle View Post
      I thought this was common knowledge,thats why he and not Alvarado who can atleast spell boxing didnt get the fight
      always a conspiracy behind everything

alvarado would be an easier fight than rios for pacquiao

lighter puncher, weaker chin, doesn't press as much as rios

anyway, pacquiao's stamina has been a question mark for awhile now, even if he isn't shot, just his age and the pace the fight will be set at if he really plans on blasting it out with rios, if he can't get him out of there he could be in trouble late
      Last edited by SplitSecond; 08-03-2013, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        Rios will take some chopping down. Pac doesn't need to be shot to get in trouble. It's a very risky fight for a guy in his position. If he has chin doubts, or gets leg cramps late, he'd be ok vs most top welters, but could get very scary vs Rios. Can't afford to go gunshy or rest on the ropes at all.
        Its only risky if he's shot.

Pac has slaughtered, absolutely slaughtered, far better fighters than Rios. Margarito was better than Rios. Bigger, better chin, more active, better skilled.

Pac does not sit and brawl with fighters, no matter how much people seem to believe he does. He shouldn't get hit much. He should be able to use his far superior speed to dart in and out with incredible ease, and Rios has been hurt by far worse and lesser hitting fighters than Manny Pacquiao. Again, Rios only has a chance if Pac is gone, completely.

I'm very much looking forward to at least one more killer Pac performance. If this is his Roy vs. Glen Johnson moment, I'll be pissed because it will mean he's done and needs to retire immediately. If he struggles at all he should retire.

EDIT: Originally meant Roy vs. Johnson. Marquez was Pac's Tarver moment.
        Last edited by bojangles1987; 08-03-2013, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
          always a conspiracy behind everything

alvarado would be an easier fight than rios for pacquiao

lighter puncher, weaker chin, doesn't press as much as rios

anyway, pacquiao's stamina has been a question mark for awhile now, even if he isn't shot, just his age and the pace the fight will be set at if he really plans on blasting it out with rios, if he can't get him out of there he could be in trouble late
          All Alvarado would have done differently is run Cotto style after getting diced for a few rounds. That's probably why they went with Rios, they didn't want yet another fighter who would run.

Comment

Alvarado would be like Cotto on his bike when he fought Pacquiao. If he ran when he fought Rios, what makes you think he won't run the entire fight against Pac?

If flojobs just spend their energies convincing their idol, Floyd, to fight Pac there won't be any of these silly discussions.
            Last edited by maguirre; 08-03-2013, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Its only risky if he's shot.

Pac has slaughtered, absolutely slaughtered, far better fighters than Rios. Margarito was better than Rios. Bigger, better chin, more active, better skilled.

Pac does not sit and brawl with fighters, no matter how much people seem to believe he does. He shouldn't get hit much. He should be able to use his far superior speed to dart in and out with incredible ease, and Rios has been hurt by far worse and lesser hitting fighters than Manny Pacquiao. Again, Rios only has a chance if Pac is gone, completely.

I'm very much looking forward to at least one more killer Pac performance. If this is his Roy vs. Tarver 2 moment, I'll be pissed because it will mean he's done and needs to retire immediately. If he struggles at all he should retire.
              I think he can still beat a lot of top welters without being the whirlwind he was. He wasn't vs Bradley, and beat him quite easy on any sane card. He can't afford not to be vs Rios. If he is, easy fight. If not, very scary, maybe a brutal and possibly premature end of Pac.

Comment

If Pac is not shot this should not be a very risky fight. Even if he is a bit chinnier than he used to be, he doesn't take many flush shots to the head (as long as the opponent is not named Juan Manuel Marquez). If he is his usual self I don't see this as being very competitive. Rios is not a Barrera or a Morales.

EDIT: I see bojangles1987 has pretty much covered my thoughts in greater detail

Comment

Originally posted by silentscoper View Post
                  If Pac is not shot this should not be a very risky fight. Even if he is a bit chinnier than he used to be, he doesn't take many flush shots to the head (as long as the opponent is not named Juan Manuel Marquez). If he is his usual self I don't see this as being very competitive. Rios is not a Barrera or a Morales.
                  He's a lot closer to Glen Johnson, just with a 15lb advantage fight night. Not bright matchmaking for a guy in Pac's position, with major unknowns. But, if he is close to 100%, this kind of opponent will allow him to look extra good, I agree. It's just, Pac at 70% is a top 3 WW, but that might not get him past Rios. That doesn't mean Rios is a top 3 welter of course, though I'm pretty sure he's better than the last #3 welter Guerrero. How the heck did he get there, no clear cut top 10 wins?

Comment

He's a lot closer to Glen Johnson, just with a 15lb advantage fight night. Not bright matchmaking for a guy in Pac's position, with major unknowns. But, if he is close to 100%, this kind of opponent will allow him to look extra good, I agree. It's just, Pac at 70% is a top 3 WW, but that might not get him past Rios. That doesn't mean Rios is a top 3 welter of course, though I'm pretty sure he's better than the last #3 welter Guerrero. How the heck did he get there, no clear cut top 10 wins?
                    The point of the style matchup is that a 70% Pac should kill Rios. We need to get to around 40 or 50% Pac before I think Rios wins.

That's how favorably Rios's style is for Pac. He will literally walk into every combination and be too slow to do anything about it.

Comment

i'm looking forward to a David Diaz style beatdown...if that doesn't happen, he needs to retire

Comment

Working...
                      X