Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Jr. Questions Rubio Knockout Ending

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubio said he was counted out prematurely. I think what he meant to say was he got KTFO prematurely.

Comment

Rubio just showed up for the paycheck.

Comment

HBO threw away alot of money on a boring 2 round fight

Comment

Rubio was starting to feel that jab and body shots then that uppercut landed and shook him then that hook to the top of his dome and he checked out. He knew he had no shot and he quit. Smart move? Maybe, but it was certainly a disappointment for us who wanted to see a war for a couple rounds at least.

Comment

There probably was a moment when Rubio thought about not getting up...but then he did. He wasn't late....and this wasn't at the tail end of a brutal beating...Reiss could have simply asked him if he wanted to continue. you mght be thinking about quitting...but if someone comes up to you and literally asks, do you want to quit..it's much more unlikely that you do. Your pride kicks in at that point. At least in that way we could have known if Rubio was full of it or not.
            Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 10-20-2014, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Agree with everything Roy said.

Props for getting in the ring but It definitely appeared Rubio didn't go for broke and once he felt GGG power he was ok with banking the 250k and just end the fight instead of taking more punishment.

Comment

The thing is that Rubio tried to time getting up at the count of 8 and the garbage ref says 8-9-10 in like less than a second. It was probably a moot point but it was a poor ref decision to do that. It's not like it's a ballroom fight, it was for a world title even if it's bogus.

Comment

Not a fan of fights that are stopped too fast. Rubio could've continued... and no I don't think he'd win but geez why the rush to stop the blasted thing? The guy was in no way obliterated. He definitely could've continued no worse for wear. Yeah he skroo-ed up being slow to get back up, but still.... Reiss should've asked him if wanted to go back out there. B.S. stoppage IMO.

Comment

I dont care.... NEXT_______________________________?

Comment

I guess not all Mexican's are willing to die in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X