Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just watched Ortiz vs. Berto (my take.)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just watched Ortiz vs. Berto (my take.)

Inspired by another thread. I went and watched it with Spanish commentators (that's all I can find) and the fight wasn't close at all. Ortiz dominated Berto outside of a few instances where Berto had some success (notably round 6.) yeah there was some KDs but Berto was hardly punching. Literally he was hardly moving.

Can somebody put up that highlight video of that fight again. Only was able to watch the first 3 minutes b4 I had to go back to work.

Comment

How in the hell did Ortiz career nosedive so horribly after this fight? He was the full package.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyper Knuckles View Post
        How in the hell did Ortiz career nosedive so horribly after this fight? He was the full package.
        Mayweather took his soul and exposed everything we already knew to be wrong with him.

Comment

I think it all started with after the Maidana fight. He ruined him

Comment

Originally posted by No bueno View Post
            Can somebody put up that highlight video of that fight again. Only was able to watch the first 3 minutes b4 I had to go back to work.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=643708

Comment

No way was he the full package. He got beat up by Maidana and even got beat up against Berto even if he did win. Then came the Mayweather fight where he was emotionally overwhelmed and the whole incident when Floyd punched him when he wasn't looking was the nail in the coffin. Ortiz was a B-level fighter at best. Hardly the full package.

Comment

Thanks bud . Appreciate it .

Comment

Because he was never anything close to the full package. He had talent, but never had the intelligence or mindset or skills to ever be what people expected of him.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                    Inspired by another thread. I went and watched it with Spanish commentators (that's all I can find) and the fight wasn't close at all. Ortiz dominated Berto outside of a few instances where Berto had some success (notably round 6.) yeah there was some KDs but Berto was hardly punching. Literally he was hardly moving.
                    I agree. I've always found the greatness of the fight overrated. It had a great first 6 rounds, but Ortiz was in control outside of moments in those 6 rounds and completely dominated an uneventful last 6 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X