Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lukas Matthysse at 147....would that be a good move?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lukas Matthysse at 147....would that be a good move?

I know he wants to go up to 147 and challenge the best. There are some great match-ups for him in the welterweight division. Name some of the top 10 fighters at 147 you'd favor him to beat.

Would he beat any of these guys or would they send him back to 140?

Keith Thurman
    Timothy Bradley
    Kell Brook
    Amir Khan
    Shawn Porter
    Marcos Maidana
    Floyd Mayweather
    Manny Pacquiao
    Juan Manuel Marquez

He'd be alright. He'd KTFO Khan

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
      I know he wants to go up to 147 and challenge the best. There are some great match-ups for him in the welterweight division. Name some of the top 10 fighters at 147 you'd favor him to beat.

Would he beat any of these guys or would they send him back to 140?

Keith Thurman-loss
      Timothy Bradley-win
      Kell Brook-win
      Amir Khan-win
      Shawn Porter-win
      Marcos Maidana-win
      Floyd Mayweather-loss
      Manny Pacquiao-loss
      Juan Manuel Marquez-win
      I think he's fine at 140. Doesn't seem to struggle to make weight and isn't a very big man to begin with. He'd be dwarfed by a guy like Thurman. He'd be dwarfed by others as well but I think he's strong enough to overcome that disadvantage versus guys like maidana.

Comment

I didn't like the idea first because he is really small for welter but that heavy jab we saw yesterday and him trying to move more, made me think he would do ok at welter...

Comment

He's Pacquiao sized, but doesn't have that same transcendent physical talent. He could certainly beat some welterweights, but I doubt he fits as well as he does at 140, where he's arguably top 2.

Comment

he needs to stay at 140

Comment

He is a good fighter, and I think he could do alright at welter I just don't think he can really be a true top end guy at either 140 or 147.

It is hard for me to really describe but it comes down to a mental issue because while he has power, with some speed and boxing ability to get shots to land nicely there is just nothing strategic about what he does.

The best way I would describe it he is like a pool player that can make every shot amazing **** really (with power), but thinks nothing about where he leaves the cue at to set up his next shots. Everything is an isolated event rather than putting it all together in the sweet science of truly beating a man down.

Comment

He should stay at 140. He's not very big.

I think he can beat some of the top 147lbs but not the elite.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolino View Post
                  I didn't like the idea first because he is really small for welter but that heavy jab we saw yesterday and him trying to move more, made me think he would do ok at welter...
                  That movement won't last long. He's an aging guy who's being put into wars at the tail end of his career. At this rate I give him a year. Maybe two... tops.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                    That movement won't last long. He's an aging guy who's being put into wars at the tail end of his career. At this rate I give him a year. Maybe two... tops.
                    i agree, i don't think Lucas has any urgency to move up. He just wants a big payday and he could get it at 140 against against Pacquiao. That would be great...

Comment

Working...
                    X