Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Fans Get Upset When Fighters are Willing to Fight Their Favorite Fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
    Dominic Wade is being criticized for being confident going into this fight.

Andre Ward is criticized for wanting to fight GGG

Erislandy Lara gets criticized for wanting to fight GGG

So by that you would think fighters that don't want to fight GGG should be praised, right? But no...Sauners, Jacobs, Quillin, Martinez, Cotto and Canelo are scared duckers.

So as a fan....what do you want and why are you *****ing?
    A lot of "boxing fans" on forums are really more of "boxer fans".

They get ****tional over everything and live vicariously thru their fighters.

They are not passionate about the sport, just passionate about defending their heroes.

They suck.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
      wait a minute, I thought the trend of respect were former champs in a resume. Why bring up Angulo? Ishida wtf?

I thought most of us were in an agreement that GGG beat Geale and as you stated Lemule. that's 2...

Lara: Alvarez, Trout, Williams, Smith, Molina, Zaveck.

I mean dat Work must count for something. Like when the boxing world went crazy or referenced Khan beating an old ass Barrera or Garcia and Maidana beating an old ass Morales.
      GTFO, if Ishida and Ouma titles don't count than Zaveck, Molina, Smith, and Williams don't count. 2 where paper champs and other two won their titles at 147 years prior to Lara beating them.

Okay I might count Molina by even still he didn't win. Nor did he beat Alvarez.

Comment

Fanboy mentality. They can't stand the fact that fighters actually believe they can beat their favorite fighter. It's really stupid. They're just fighters felllas. They're not gods.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
          GTFO, if Ishida and Ouma titles don't count than Zaveck, Molina, Smith, and Williams don't count. 2 where paper champs and other two won their titles at 147 years prior to Lara beating them.

Okay I might count Molina by even still he didn't win. Nor did he beat Alvarez.
          I don't get it.

but let's make it easier, compile Lara's champ opposition resume to GGG's champ opposition resume. ''world titles''

Comment

Originally posted by Rudiamonds View Post
            How in the hell does ggg. Have a better resume then lara who been in the ring with williams ,angulo ,trout.,conelo?

Lara best win is trout who ggg best win?
            Angulo lost to Kirkland who lost to Ishida. So I'll call that a wash.

Williams coming off a KO lost, I'll trade Geale for that. It's more than fair. Especially considering Williams did nothing at 154 and Geale was a former unified champ at 160 and only lost by SD to Barker. And even Barker wasn't blasted out by Martinez like Williams was.

Trout and Lemule same class, you can argue it's not but it doesn't change the reality. You can argue Cottos name value but it means very little to me. I only care about the fighter and where their at in their career.

You totally lose the arguement when you try to add weight to his resume by adding in the lost to Canelo. It's like you wanted to come up with more names but you couldn't so you just threw in Canelo hoping I wouldn't catch it.

So that's still leaves GGG with wins over Murray and Macklin and Lara isn't deep enough to make up for those two wins. Lara resume isn't bad but it isn't as good as GGG's.

Comment

Lara best win is Angulo who knocked out by Kirkland who got knockout by Ishida. Now how can Lara be better when Ishida wouldn't even be considered a top five win on his resume.
              I pick GGG to beat Lara but you don't, you're telling me every reason why they SHOULDN'T fight. When GGG is fighting Curtis Stevens, you can't give me a valid reason why Lara can't be an opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                He'd still get steamrolled and you know it
                I think GGG will win, that being said, Lara is 10 times better than anyone GGG has ever fought. Lara will be a great scalp for GGG's resume and something that you clowns can hold onto as a legitmate win for his embaressing career.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                  That's just stupid. Lara's last three fights were Ishe Smith, Delvin Rodriguez, Jan Zaveck. Are those the kind of fights you would make if you have the skill you're claiming Lara has?
                  Who did Lemuix beat? Who did Stevens beat? Who did Wade Beat? Who did Monroe beat? Who did Rubio beat? It's truly a pathetic resume that Lara would clearly be the best fighter on.

Comment

Originally posted by JStill Unbiased View Post
                    I think GGG will win, that being said, Lara is 10 times better than anyone GGG has ever fought. Lara will be a great scalp for GGG's resume and something that you clowns can hold onto as a legitmate win for his embaressing career.
                    Sorry I gotta disagre. Simple with the fact you said 10x better, no way he's 10x better than Murray, Lemule, Macklin, and Geale. If you're ten times better than someone you're going to knock them out in like a minute and looking at Lara track record he probably loses atleast one of those fights.

There's no fighter in the top 1% of boxing who's 10x better than their peers.

Comment

Angulo lost to Kirkland who lost to Ishida. So I'll call that a wash.

Williams coming off a KO lost, I'll trade Geale for that. It's more than fair. Especially considering Williams did nothing at 154 and Geale was a former unified champ at 160 and only lost by SD to Barker. And even Barker wasn't blasted out by Martinez like Williams was.

Trout and Lemule same class, you can argue it's not but it doesn't change the reality. You can argue Cottos name value but it means very little to me. I only care about the fighter and where their at in their career.

You totally lose the arguement when you try to add weight to his resume by adding in the lost to Canelo. It's like you wanted to come up with more names but you couldn't so you just threw in Canelo hoping I wouldn't catch it.

So that's still leaves GGG with wins over Murray and Macklin and Lara isn't deep enough to make up for those two wins. Lara resume isn't bad but it isn't as good as GGG's.
                      My man I know you don't to believe it, but you're a fan boy. A blind one, which is worse.

Comment

Working...
                      X