No announcement yet.

New England Patriot War Wagon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jay Volcano View Post
    So it all came down to an early extra point missed by the kicker. Unlucky. I would have loved seeing Tom Brady winning his 5th ring and cementing his status as the GOAT. This has turned into the Year of Cam.

he's already the best quarterback of all time. the league is more quarterback-centric than ever, and he's the best of the era. football is nothing like it was even 15 years ago, when i first started watching.

Comment

• couple of bad calls in the secondary, but the bronco's covered edleman and gronk pretty well. brady had a bad game. looked like he was looking for somebody over his shoulder all night. haven't seen him get beat up like that in a long, long time.

they're going to need to make personnel changes to try and make another run. kraft has to understand that brady has a year or so left at the most.

they need to be able to run the ball so that they don't rely exclusively on the 40 year old quarterback. bellichick has the kind of ego that makes him think he can train any RB to be effective as long as he can hold on to the ball, which is silly. it just leads them to going tcheap, which is a criticism they've had for years. that means personnel on the OL, and backs that don't come from other team's practice squads, or undrafted guys out of rutgers [AKA the bill special ]

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post

enjoy it while it lasts. you guyys ahven 't been here as frequently as we have, so i don't expect any grace in victory.

enjoy it.

we lost because the football was fully inflated, clearly. we've been cheating the entire time! all four rings, all 6 superbowl runs. since '01, when i was in high school!

the only thing i'll add about this game is that it was obvious that gronk's knees were a chief target . if people play him like that every game his career is goign to be over in 2 years.
        Lol I'm in Canada, we really don't have a connection to anyone. Brady is great but I think plenty others are, too. I personally feel the offensive line makes or breaks a quarterback. All the great qbs have always been well protected. Look at yesterday. Brady was awful because he had no time. Even when he did, he couldn't really execute because all that pressure made him nervous. The last drive he flung it up to Gronk twice in double coverage. That's more about how great Gronk is, any qb can just lob it up to that monster.

Comment

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
          Lol I'm in Canada, we really don't have a connection to anyone. Brady is great but I think plenty others are, too. I personally feel the offensive line makes or breaks a quarterback. All the great qbs have always been well protected. Look at yesterday. Brady was awful because he had no time. Even when he did, he couldn't really execute because all that pressure made him nervous. The last drive he flung it up to Gronk twice in double coverage. That's more about how great Gronk is, any qb can just lob it up to that monster.

no contemporary quarterback is as great as brady. not by any objective standards, anyway. the discussion is between he and joe montana. montana played in an era where you could actually play defense against people who caught the ball [though there was some rough D played on the pats receivers without any calls last night,] and didn't have numbers that come close to brady's, or rules that placed nearly as much emphasis on being able to pass.

if you think tere are "plenty of quarterbacks as good as brady" you're not objective. you just aren't

manning was a backup for most of the bronco's season

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
            no contemporary quarterback is as great as brady. not by any objective standards, anyway. the discussion is between he and joe montana. montana played in an era where you could actually play defense against people who caught the ball [though there was some rough D played on the pats receivers without any calls last night,] and didn't have numbers that come close to brady's, or rules that placed nearly as much emphasis on being able to pass.

if you think tere are "plenty of quarterbacks as good as brady" you're not objective. you just aren't

manning was a backup for most of the bronco's season
            Brady has had incredible o-line his whole career. Their whole offence is based on these little short passes and has more to do with the scheme than him. Any deep balls have just been him lobbing it up to moss or Gronk. I don't think that's all that impressive. He's a great player but I've been more impressed by what other quarterbacks have done with throws than him. We agree about South American women being tops but I don't think we will here lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
              Norwell is a legit Offensive lineman, BUT NO ONE THOUGHT THAT GINN AND PHILLY BROWN WOULD BE A SUCCESSFUL WR1 WR2 COMBO. Kurt Coleman is pretty good tho.

Now changing the subject from the Buckeyes back to the panthers but still mentioning those 2 receivers. When Benjamin went down, it forced newton to change his approach as a QB.
              I agree completely. Cam Newton had to learn how to make the most of his team and how to lead them.

The guy is throwing to Ted Ginn Jr, Corey Brown, even Devin Funchess and Jericho Cotchery!

Yet somehow he is making it work. He really turned straw into gold, what an amazing season.

Tom Brady on the other hand is spoiled by having an embarrassment of riches with Gronk, Edelman, Amendola and LaFell. And yet he will be sitting at home come Super Bowl Sunday. I love it.

Comment

• O K...So I lied !

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    Don't do it SouthPaw. You have to drive Brush later, I'm not taking him. Lord knows.
                    He keeps peeing on himself.

Comment

• If you think Peyton Manning is a better quarterback than Tom Brady you're a looser.

Comment

Working...
                      X