Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Without plaster and coming off savage beating, I still think Marg beats Cotto again!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you are insane...........ill be taking your points on december............................

Comment

I love how people are putting all this emphasis that Margs will beat Cotto because he was "coming forward" while Pac was beating that ass. That is all Margarito ever does, its all he knows how to do so Cotto already knows what to expect. He'll be sparring with guys who do nothing but that, and FFS it isn't like Cotto lost all 11 rounds before he was KO'd. He was winning the first 6 rounds and the 10th until he got hurt with 5-10 seconds left in the round. I've said it countless times but its 100% true, there is NOTHING Margarito can do to have a better performance than he did in the first fight. He didn't have head movement (still doesn't) he is still slower than Cotto, Cotto is the better boxer, the smarter fighter and he simply just fought the wrong fight.

Margarito doesn't have the ability to adjust to anything, all he does is come forward and throw punches with a granite chin. The problem for him is that he can't take a body shot, and he doesn't do much until he gets you in the ropes. Cotto is going to whoop his off simply because Steward will tell him to hold, even if Cotto does all the wrong **** he did in the first fight if all he does is clinch more he'll win. Marg's has 7 losses for a reason, he is not that good of a fighter albiet he is a tough SoB which makes him a tough fight for just about everyone. Plus he's plasterless this time, its obvious to anyone with a brain who is going to win.

And for people saying this fight is a waste that just proves how dumb some boxing "fans" are. This is the grudge match of the century and shows how much each guy really has left in the tank, whoever loses this fight their career really is done. If Cotto loses it'll at least give Marg's first win A TON of legitimacy and if Margs loses then Cotto has only 1 loss he hasn't avenged. If he looks really good I don't see why he shouldn't get a shot at Pac again.

Comment

Unless Cotto learns to fight backwards or digs Margarito hard and constantly to the body I fear the same result. Margarito can take punishment, Cotto can't as much and can't fight going backwards that well when pressured heavily by someone he can't bully or hurt he tends to run away set himself trade abit then jog away again and repeat (i.e Margarito I and Pacquiao fight)

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
          I love how people are putting all this emphasis that Margs will beat Cotto because he was "coming forward" while Pac was beating that ass. That is all Margarito ever does, its all he knows how to do so Cotto already knows what to expect. He'll be sparring with guys who do nothing but that, and FFS it isn't like Cotto lost all 11 rounds before he was KO'd. He was winning the first 6 rounds and the 10th until he got hurt with 5-10 seconds left in the round. I've said it countless times but its 100% true, there is NOTHING Margarito can do to have a better performance than he did in the first fight. He didn't have head movement (still doesn't) he is still slower than Cotto, Cotto is the better boxer, the smarter fighter and he simply just fought the wrong fight.

Margarito doesn't have the ability to adjust to anything, all he does is come forward and throw punches with a granite chin. The problem for him is that he can't take a body shot, and he doesn't do much until he gets you in the ropes. Cotto is going to whoop his off simply because Steward will tell him to hold, even if Cotto does all the wrong **** he did in the first fight if all he does is clinch more he'll win. Marg's has 7 losses for a reason, he is not that good of a fighter albiet he is a tough SoB which makes him a tough fight for just about everyone. Plus he's plasterless this time, its obvious to anyone with a brain who is going to win.

And for people saying this fight is a waste that just proves how dumb some boxing "fans" are. This is the grudge match of the century and shows how much each guy really has left in the tank, whoever loses this fight their career really is done. If Cotto loses it'll at least give Marg's first win A TON of legitimacy and if Margs loses then Cotto has only 1 loss he hasn't avenged. If he looks really good I don't see why he shouldn't get a shot at Pac again.

Agreed. Cotto needs to keep it in the center of the ring. Stay off ropes and punish Margie to the body early.

Comment

Originally posted by apokalips View Post
            Unless Cotto learns to fight backwards or digs Margarito hard and constantly to the body I fear the same result. Margarito can take punishment, Cotto can't as much and can't fight going backwards that well when pressured heavily by someone he can't bully or hurt he tends to run away set himself trade abit then jog away again and repeat (i.e Margarito I and Pacquiao fight)
            Went 11 rounds with plaster... I think Cotto is just as durable as the 175lb Margarito who fought little Manny.

Comment

Working...
            X