No announcement yet.

Peter Quillin interview about his WBO belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
    Was talking with Griesman... even though it seems like Jacobs/Quillin is next, it was Oscar who said that, and we all know Oscar doesn't have final say with these guys
    Big things ahead!
    — Daniel Jacobs (@DanielJacobsTKO) September 5, 2014

Makes me think that, but he also retweeted this:
    Not that you guys care, but we***39;re currently in the works on an event that***39;d dwarf @RocNation***39;s offer***10;@DanielJacobsTKO @KIDCHOCOLATE ***10;#boxing
    — Stephn Espin0za (@StephnEspin0za) September 5, 2014
    that retweet is the fake Espinoza LOL

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
      that retweet is the fake Espinoza LOL
      lol yea, that's why I was thinking otherwise, haha

Comment

Originally posted by KRITKL View Post
        The move still makes no sense for Quillin.
        Lost his biggest paycheck and belt
        I'm just curious what Haymon said to convince him this was a good idea.
        Haymon doesn't have to convince him of d1ck. His contract essentially gives Haymon complete rights to f#ck him over.

Still, I guess there must have been some kind of sweet talk - woulda loved to be a fly on the wall.

AH: This Russian ain't a good deal son.. I can get you five times this money in your next coupla fights.

PQ: But this is more than I ever earned .. a lot more.

AH: Trust me son, I've made millionaires in this business.

PQ: But I've just had a child - I gotta make sure .... I... missus Quillin says...

AH: Son.(shakes head slowly) What does your girl know about boxing..hmm. What does she know about the boxing business.. HMmm? You go ask yourself.

PQ: But.. but... what about all my fans? They'll lose all respect....

AH: Don't you worry about that son... you really think I'd throw you to the lions? After all the work I've put into promoting you? C'mon son, now you're just being silly...

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
          lol yea, that's why I was thinking otherwise, haha

Him and his "business deals" LOL

That would be like selling cars. Some rental company wants to buy a fleet of cars, lets say 20. Peter would be like, no I will pass on selling them, because I heard a rumor that someone down the road might be interested in buying 50 of them.

Biznezz 101. Little does the dumbass know he was used to satisfy someone elses ego.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            Haymon doesn't have to convince him of d1ck. His contract essentially gives Haymon complete rights to f#ck him over.
            Hope this isn't true, that's basically putting your whole life in another persons hands.

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            Still, I guess there must have been some kind of sweet talk - woulda loved to be a fly on the wall.

AH: This Russian ain't a good deal son.. I can get you five times this money in your next coupla fights.

PQ: But this is more than I ever earned .. a lot more.

AH: Trust me son, I've made millionaires in this business.

PQ: But I've just had a child - I gotta make sure .... I... missus Quillin says...

AH: Son.(shakes head slowly) What does your girl know about boxing..hmm. What does she know about the boxing business.. HMmm? You go ask yourself.

PQ: But.. but... what about all my fans? They'll lose all respect....

AH: Don't you worry about that son... you really think I'd throw you to the lions? After all the work I've put into promoting you? C'mon son, now you're just being silly...

Probably pretty close, hopefully he gets a good price on that Mustang when he sells it.

Comment

Working...
            X