Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shouldn't Donaire-Walters be the main event?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
      Donaire-Walters aren't Mexican Style
      Mexican style is a back and forth war. Donaire and Walters come to fight, to trade leather. GGG-Rubio is a mismatch, a planned beatdown. Real Mexican fans have no interest in this meaningless fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        Mexican style is a back and forth war. Donaire and Walters come to fight, to trade leather. GGG-Rubio is a mismatch, a planned beatdown. Real Mexican fans have no interest in this meaningless fight.
        Rubio is Mexican and GGG is selling his Mexican style.

Donaire and Walters don't fit the tag name.

Mexican fans love knockouts. Chavez Sr gave it in over many fights. They came.

They will show up for the new sensation.

Comment

I think Walters is gonna beat donaire

Comment

i definitely think so i been waiting for this fight since seeing walters fight in corpus christi

Comment

golovkin is making the most noise right now out of those fighters. plus, hbo is trying to create a star in golovkin, therefore he is headlining. although donaire/walters is a great fight, i think most will tune in for golovkin.

Comment

On one hand, strictly based on which fight is more cempetitive and probably more exciting, the Donaire-Walters fight should be the headliner. On the other hand, based on which fight is a bigger attraction is Cali/USA than obviously Golovkin-Rubio. And since the more important for the television companies and the promoters is the last I say Golovkin-Rubio. If the fight would be in Macao then the Donaire-Walters fight should be easily the headliner over the GGG-Rubio fight, but it's in the USA.

Comment

Because they want GGG to be a star. Can't attract big names undercarding Featherweights.

The Donaire ship has sailed. I don't see him man eventing good cards unless he fights Gamboa or JMLopez up in weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    It would make sense to me if GGG was a superstar, but his last fight (which had a massive promotion even being advertised on local sports radio in my city) drew an embarrassing 758K viewers on HBO, which was HBO's lowest rated card of the entire year.
                    Is this really true?

According to Nielsen Media Research, Golovkin-Geale averaged 984,000 viewers for the live airing (with a peak at 1.048 million viewers). That ranks as the eighth-most-viewed fight of the year on American television. (HBO has televised the top nine.)
                    http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/t...e/daniel-geale

What numbers did Donaire-Vetyaka do?
                    Last edited by Weebler I; 08-29-2014, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      There's no question which one of these is the more meaningful, more competitive bout.

Personally I think it will be Walters' coming out party. He looks like a star in the making. Credit to Donaire for accepting that fight.
                      You said the same thing about Russel Jr before Lomachenko fight

Comment

Working...
                      X