Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Rafeal Tweets Canelo may not fight on Floyd Undercard after all

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's no way Canelo asked for a guaranteed fight, whether he won or lost.

Golden Boy would look like fools if they tried to sell that fight.

Comment

• so he needs to fight Floyd?!?...not enough 154 pounders on the menu or what?!?...when did it become cool for JMWs to stalk WWs?!?...when?!?

Trout-Nelo is a headliner anyway...a unification fight like that shouldn't be on a undercard imo

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
        I wouldn't say all that. He just doesn't let anybody bully him into negotiations. I don't see why people are surprised that Floyd wouldn't agree to some bull**** like this.
        I highly doubt a contract saying, "I must be your next opponent, if I win" is "bullying" Floyd.

Comment

• this is a difficult situation. canelo really shouldn't be able to demand nothing from floyd. but if you're looking ahead to sept with the possibility of battling pac/marquez 5, you need canelo. no other opponent is gonna cut it.

Comment

• No canelo, no money for Floyd from my pockets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_L View Post
              this is a difficult situation. canelo really shouldn't be able to demand nothing from floyd. but if you're looking ahead to sept with the possibility of battling pac/marquez 5, you need canelo. no other opponent is gonna cut it.
              Well there's this 1 fella.....................his name is Martinez..................

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                so he needs to fight Floyd?!?...not enough 154 pounders on the menu or what?!?...when did it become cool for JMWs to stalk WWs?!?...when?!?

Trout-Nelo is a headliner anyway...a unification fight like that shouldn't be on a undercard imo
                Well it isn't but in Floyd's case people think that Alvarez (the same fighter who a year ago wasn't ready) will now beat Floyd. These people take every opportunity they can to call Floyd a duck. Yet if the fight gets made, these very same people call it a cherry pick.

It's one of those flip flopping type of situations for those certain fans who just want to see him lose and until it does everyone he faces regardless of weight and age won't matter. They all suck, unless of course Floyd lost.

Alvarez is no different. This is his hype phase. People will hype the **** out of him claiming that Floyd is scared to death. When the fight is made, it's a cherry pick and Floyd is ducking MW's. Who really cares though. Floyd is fighting the ghost and Alvarez should be fighting Trout. Who cares what date or card. I don't just as long as they fight. I watch boxing. If I have to watch TWO separate boxing event, so be it. I really don't give a ****. Just means another night of boxing. Win win for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                  canelo-angulo is a exciting matchup.
                  Are you on drugs? Dude lost to Cintron. Has no power. Slow as ****. This fight would be nothing more than a show case fight for Canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas
                    Doesn't signing a contract for September take luster off the Trout fight? Can we at least have the illusion that Canelo and Austin are fighting for the chance to face Floyd - why the one way street with Canelo? This is just as big of a fight for Trout. I get Canelo is coming from on the business side...but the uncertainty of these fights is what sells - for me, at least. I don't really like the narrative that the Sept. is a formality because it could change the whole dynamic of the May fights - I want high stakes, not a fight where one guy has a Plan B written in ink already.
                    they tried that ish with vic ortiz and it bit them in the ass, very hard! maybe this is why!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas
                      Doesn't signing a contract for September take luster off the Trout fight? Can we at least have the illusion that Canelo and Austin are fighting for the chance to face Floyd - why the one way street with Canelo? This is just as big of a fight for Trout. I get Canelo is coming from on the business side...but the uncertainty of these fights is what sells - for me, at least. I don't really like the narrative that the Sept. is a formality because it could change the whole dynamic of the May fights - I want high stakes, not a fight where one guy has a Plan B written in ink already.
                      they tried that ish with vic ortiz and it bit them in the ass, very hard! maybe this is why!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X