Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather has lost his heart, his desire for a supreme boxing legacy.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
    A friend recently asked me what I think would be the outcome in a fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Sugar Ray Leonard, my sarcastic reply was that there wouldn’t be an outcome because there wouldn’t be a fight. I don’t think Floyd would set foot in a ring with someone like Sugar Ray. Why? It pains me to say it but Floyd Mayweather has lost his heart, his desire for a supreme boxing legacy.

I acknowledge that the Pretty Boy has the tools to become one of THE greatest ever but if he doesn’t put them to good use soon he will fall short because he refuses to fight the best, and when I say that I am referring to the Cotto’s, Margarito’s, Pacman’s, Shane Mosley’s and Williams’ of this world and the frustrating thing is I think Floyd Mayweather Jr. would find a way to beat each of these men.

Fear is a strong emotion and it looks like it has it’s grip on “Money” Mayweather, fear of losing his unbeaten record and the financial implications that that first loss would bring or fear of just being beaten up, but fear can also be your best friend if you can control it, it can drive you to excel if used correctly. All boxers must feel it to a certain degree.

Heart, hunger, desire, guts, balls, whatever you wish to call it it’s the fire burning inside which drives us to achieve bigger and better things, the fighters of old had it by the shed load. Sadly I think Mayweather’s fire has burned out. Mayweather is all about the money and fame and has lost touch with what got him to where he is today.

In the now famous interview with R A the rugged man Mayweather was quoted as saying if he leaves, the sport dies. I found that particular outburst laughable. Mayweather has become obsessed with his status and his ego has now reached new levels. If only Mayweather had the heart to fight the best, Pacquiao, Cotto, Williams, Margarito, Shane Mosley even called him out to his face live on television straight after the mismatched Marquez fight and Mayweather still did not want any of Sugar Shane. Win, lose or draw if you give it your best shot I for one wouldn’t complain. In a close fight in which two fighters leave everything in the ring, the loser will always get credit. Even if it is a loss. So Floyd’s legacy which he likes to talk about so much would be enriched. Instead Mayweather likes to hide behind “I’ve done this, I’ve done that, who else has done what I’ve done?!?” Mayweather, we already know what you’ve done, we want to know what your GOING TO DO!!!
    pretty dumb thread, but i shouldnt expect anything less from people who dislike floyd mayweather.

he's going to fight the winner of pac/cotto.

as for mosley, he's been trying to fight that hype job for years, and for years mosley always turned him down.. now mosley is getting the shaft because of what he did in the past and because of politics.. mosley ****ed up money for not only his company goldenboy, but also for hbo when he refused to fight floyd in 06 because of his apparent tooth ache.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
      A friend recently asked me what I think would be the outcome in a fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Sugar Ray Leonard, my sarcastic reply was that there wouldn’t be an outcome because there wouldn’t be a fight. I don’t think Floyd would set foot in a ring with someone like Sugar Ray. Why? It pains me to say it but Floyd Mayweather has lost his heart, his desire for a supreme boxing legacy.

I acknowledge that the Pretty Boy has the tools to become one of THE greatest ever but if he doesn’t put them to good use soon he will fall short because he refuses to fight the best, and when I say that I am referring to the Cotto’s, Margarito’s, Pacman’s, Shane Mosley’s and Williams’ of this world and the frustrating thing is I think Floyd Mayweather Jr. would find a way to beat each of these men.

Fear is a strong emotion and it looks like it has it’s grip on “Money” Mayweather, fear of losing his unbeaten record and the financial implications that that first loss would bring or fear of just being beaten up, but fear can also be your best friend if you can control it, it can drive you to excel if used correctly. All boxers must feel it to a certain degree.

Heart, hunger, desire, guts, balls, whatever you wish to call it it’s the fire burning inside which drives us to achieve bigger and better things, the fighters of old had it by the shed load. Sadly I think Mayweather’s fire has burned out. Mayweather is all about the money and fame and has lost touch with what got him to where he is today.

In the now famous interview with R A the rugged man Mayweather was quoted as saying if he leaves, the sport dies. I found that particular outburst laughable. Mayweather has become obsessed with his status and his ego has now reached new levels. If only Mayweather had the heart to fight the best, Pacquiao, Cotto, Williams, Margarito, Shane Mosley even called him out to his face live on television straight after the mismatched Marquez fight and Mayweather still did not want any of Sugar Shane. Win, lose or draw if you give it your best shot I for one wouldn’t complain. In a close fight in which two fighters leave everything in the ring, the loser will always get credit. Even if it is a loss. So Floyd’s legacy which he likes to talk about so much would be enriched. Instead Mayweather likes to hide behind “I’ve done this, I’ve done that, who else has done what I’ve done?!?” Mayweather, we already know what you’ve done, we want to know what your GOING TO DO!!!
      Tell your friend that its super stupid to compare Floyd to SRL straight up when Floyd is in his 4th division and until recently was coming into the ring at 146 pounds while SRL was in his 1st division and a huge fast WW. Its such an unfair matchup and comparison. Its so dumb like when that hating writer was comparing Floyd to SRR. Why dont you compare Floyd to SRL in a P4P sense and then see how they matchup. Compare Floyd at SFW to SRL at WW or Hearns at WW and he more than holds his own. Comapre them in there 4th division to Floyd in his 4th and see does he more than hold his own. Thats the fair comparison

Comment

Working...
      X