No announcement yet.

My 15 year old son shadow boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    Kid looks good, a little to squared up but that's an easy fix.
    One thing about shadowing Larry it doesn't have to be about speed all the time.
    Feet, hips, shoulders and shoulder turn along with pronating the fists isn't just for heavy bag work it's how you develop your style to match your methods.
    You can't have different styles for different sessions.
    The way the straight right is thrown is the same in shadowing, bag and spar.
    If not your just going through the motions and to many different motions.

A good basic start is elbows in/down, hands up under your eyes and don't pop your elbows out prior to letting shots go. (give away)
    I notice he throws combos but then moves away. Why? Teach him to press!
    If his shots back his opponent up pressure him and get the steps down so balance is maintained. If you notice in pro boxing today very few fighters actually maintain good steps and balance as they pursue.
    To much bouncing around and restarting.

Good luck, baseball is a much better sport with guaranteed money too!
    Ray
    Thanks..i will keep what you said in mind..He loves to come forward but is naturally defensive

Comment

Why are you guys ragging on Larry lol. His house doesn't look poverty, you can't even see shlt except a drive way

Comment

He is looking good. Punches in bunches. Combination after combination.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          Why are you guys ragging on Larry lol. His house doesn't look poverty, you can't even see shlt except a drive way
          What? Does that look like a house in a gated community? That chain linked fence is in bad condition. That yard doesn't look like America to me.

No disrespect to Larry. But dude needs to emphasize higher education than boxing. He needs to break that cycle. His son can be his meal ticket in the long run but boxing is not that route.

Comment

Originally posted by True-Boxing-Fan View Post
            What? Does that look like a house in a gated community? That chain linked fence is in bad condition. That yard doesn't look like America to me.

No disrespect to Larry. But dude needs to emphasize higher education than boxing. He needs to break that cycle. His son can be his meal ticket in the long run but boxing is not that route.
            Who the Fuk lives in a gated community lol. Not many people, his yard looks like the average southern yard tbh

Comment

I saw him before in one of your videos, he's developing along well. I can see the potential. Good luck to him.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                Who the Fuk lives in a gated community lol. Not many people, his yard looks like the average southern yard tbh
                Really? That's a normal southern yard?

FYI the south is home to the highest amount of poverty in the US and larrys yard doesnt do anything to dispute those facts.

Comment

He young doe

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    He is looking good. Punches in bunches. Combination after combination.
                    Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                    I saw him before in one of your videos, he's developing along well. I can see the potential. Good luck to him.
                    Thanks fellas...

Comment

Originally posted by True-Boxing-Fan View Post
                      Really? That's a normal southern yard?

FYI the south is home to the highest amount of poverty in the US and larrys yard doesnt do anything to dispute those facts.
                      When did i say i was rich??lol..you came here just to troll i see..it's cool, troll on son..lol...wanna see my broke down 95 Ford Taurus too????lol

Comment

Working...
                      X