No announcement yet.

Felix Verdejo Offensive Skill Set

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    I was also impressed by this. Felix was looking textbook out there. He showed great poise and smarts by not pressing. I'm looking forward to seeing what he'll look like versus live opposition. That guy last night, while tough, was playing Rios to Verdejo's Pacquiao.
    Pretty much. He just walked forward and ate Felix's combos all night. The lack of power from Verdejo kinda worries me, but I'm hoping it's that Muki was just a tough SOB.

Comment

What was Psy doing as the ref. of this fight?

Comment

Muki probably had a 15 lbs weight advantage over Verdejo on fight night, that also saved him from being KO'd.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
          Pretty much. He just walked forward and ate Felix's combos all night. The lack of power from Verdejo kinda worries me, but I'm hoping it's that Muki was just a tough SOB.
          The power is something to worry about for the future but he aint a pillow fighter either. Right now i think he will end up getting his first belt at 130 pounds and by the time he is 23-24 move up to lightweight by that time we will get a better feel of what he will be moving foward.

Either way he has size, speed and graet technical ability. I liked that he stoped bauncing aound like he did in his pevious 8 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
            The power is something to worry about for the future but he aint a pillow fighter either. Right now i think he will end up getting his first belt at 130 pounds and by the time he is 23-24 move up to lightweight by that time we will get a better feel of what he will be moving foward.

Either way he has size, speed and graet technical ability. I liked that he stoped bauncing aound like he did in his pevious 8 fights.
            He definitely needs time to mature and adapt to the pro game, but his learning curve seems to be very high. He adjusts mid fight, something most prospects at this stage can't or wont' do.

Comment

Working...
            X