No announcement yet.

"You wouldn't say that to a person's face."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You wouldn't say that to a person's face."

I see this bandied around a lot on the internet, as if it's some kind of catch all, or all-out nuke to end debate. I've never really understood it.

Take Versy, my boy. I've always loved Verse to bits, but I used to enjoy shitting on him. Not to be horrible (sometimes people take this stuff seriously) but because.... it's shits and giggles, ain't it?

Now, if I met Versy in real life, would I call him a ****? Let's look at the facts. Even though his uppercut would bruise my ankle, the guy's something like 180lbs with boxing training. Plus, he's black, natch. Or Scully. Would I go up to him in real life and go "hey, my name's John, buy the new Burt Reynolds Betamax from my shitty online store."

I mean, you'd have to be some kind of fucking ****** to start **** in real life, wouldn't you? I hardly ever even swear in real life, you ****s. I'm actually very polite in my regular existence. But some **** comes up and goes "you wouldn't rip the piss out of a pro boxer in real life." It's like "wow, the scales have been lifted from my eyes now. " The entire point of the internet is to call strangers ****s with the power of impunity, and to think about burning off Miley Cyrus's clitoris with a welding iron. That's IT.

Comment

Comment

I wouldn't call rockin a sod in real life because I drive a bus and he'd most likely SD the s*it out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
          He'll kick your ass.... never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
            I mean, you'd have to be some kind of fucking ****** to start **** in real life, wouldn't you? I hardly ever even swear in real life, you ****s. I'm actually very polite in my regular existence. But some **** comes up and goes "you wouldn't rip the piss out of a pro boxer in real life." It's like "wow, the scales have been lifted from my eyes now. " The entire point of the internet is to call strangers ****s with the power of impunity, and to think about burning off Miley Cyrus's clitoris with a welding iron. That's IT.
            I see where you're going with this .... And I agree 100%

I always have mini-beefs with dudes on forums, but I never take it personally and really hope they don't either, because like you stated, its all for ****s and giggles.

In real life, I'm as friendly and welcoming as a person can be, but I also make it clear, that I'm not for any BS when it comes to making money and or looking after my family. Outside of that, I'm a beefless person and don't have any racial hatreds or preconceptions when I meet people. I treat people as I want to be treated ... and for the most part, I never have any problems with new people I meet or with people that I have known for years.

Comment

Yeah, I never get the idea that people are "themselves" online, either.

90% of stuff I say on here is tongue-in-cheek. If people are "real" on here, then that's a scary thought, cos loads of em are right *******s.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                I see this bandied around a lot on the internet, as if it's some kind of catch all, or all-out nuke to end debate. I've never really understood it.

Take Versy, my boy. I've always loved Verse to bits, but I used to enjoy shitting on him. Not to be horrible (sometimes people take this stuff seriously) but because.... it's shits and giggles, ain't it?

Now, if I met Versy in real life, would I call him a ****? Let's look at the facts. Even though his uppercut would bruise my ankle, the guy's something like 180lbs with boxing training. Plus, he's black, natch. Or Scully. Would I go up to him in real life and go "hey, my name's John, buy the new Burt Reynolds Betamax from my shitty online store."
                For real. A lot of people on here take it too damn serious with the holding personal e-grudges on a public boxing site. We had beefs for YEARS on here. I haven't been serious about e-beefs since 2007. That was a big reason my post count is so high. I tend to let people think what they want and not dismantle if it's not the truth. I have enough dumb people in person to deal with. At least you get it, Anorak, you need to let some of these other guys know. Bust out the "How to Not Take Everything Seriously on the Internet and Grudges" book.

I'd probably buy anyone a drink on this forum if we met in person and kick back and watch some fights.

Comment

keyboard blackbelt represent

Comment

Absolutely, mate, I'd love to kick back and have a beer with you if ever I'm in the States. As far as I'm concerned we never had "beef" either... it's all just jokes to me.

That's another thing people don't get. I get some on here that are irritating, and they'll often go "go on, Anorak, make a Dome thread about me, see if I care." But I don't do Dome threads to diss people (well, maybe the Larry one I made five minutes ago...) but out of love.

Comment

Working...
                    X