Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max is a better analyst, Larry is a better speaker

Comment

Originally posted by Bengali Boxer View Post
      for me max kellerman is better he has better knowledge of boxing and he ain't a hater or as bias as larry merchant who seems to me only wants to see bar room brawls instead of pure boxing if merchant can't appreciate mayweather's boxing then maybe he should just retire and watch kimbo slice on youtube
      "THE GREATEST VICTORY IN THE HISTORY OF MMA!!!!!" -- The Announcer

Comment

Originally posted by Championart View Post
        Max is a better analyst, Larry is a better speaker
        Larry talks like he keeps forgetting what he wants to say

Comment

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
          Larry talks like he keeps forgetting what he wants to say
          However people feel and respect his words. He is an eloquent speaker despite that. Max sounds like broken down engine with his stuttering and while he is a better analyst his words aren't felt like Larry's.

Larry is not as good as Max when it comes analyzing fights. He is biased against pure boxing and only respects a toe to toe fight. Max is unbiased and truly appreciates all styles and fighters and knows what he is talking about to the T.

Max better analyst, Larry better speaker.

Comment

i guess larry is STILL in his prime, he's gettin a lotta love here still.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengali Boxer View Post
              for me max kellerman is better he has better knowledge of boxing and he ain't a hater or as bias as larry merchant who seems to me only wants to see bar room brawls instead of pure boxing if merchant can't appreciate mayweather's boxing then maybe he should just retire and watch kimbo slice on youtube
              You made some excellent points. Merchant was very good at one time but he's not getting better with age. He's become too biased and that's always annoying.

Comment

In all honesty, I believe that Kellermen has a better knowledge of the sport, but Merchant has a better way of putting opinions out there.

I do dislike that Kellermen has an tendancy to oversell things, sometimes.

Case and point, Kellermen will compare a modern situation to that of the passed as if they are even comparable at this point. One has stood the test of time, the other is happening as we speak. Whereas Larry allows his comparisons to remain modern and leaves it at that. Kellermen sometimes comes across as someone who wants to prove his knowledge of boxing, whereas Larry feels comfortable with who he is, for better or worse.

I will say, however, that Kellermen can appreciate a boxer just as much as he's able to appreciate a brawler, something that Merchant simply can't do. Larry seems to go for the hype job or the exciting fighter, 80 percent or so of the time. He doesn't appreciate a slower, but still interesting fight and will make snappy remarks about a fight as if what they're doing in the ring is easy. He often times doesn't allow even for a few feeling out rounds before making some comment about how boring the fight is.

He's better for quotes, but what Kellermen says usually makes the better point for me, personally.

Both are quality in there own right, however at this point, I like to hear Merchant because he does love the sport, but Kellermen seems to add more to the broadcast at this point.

Comment

I'm sick of sky sports commentators catching up on stuff that the HBO commentators aren't able to see, and in my opinion thats more due to Merchant slowing down the whole crew. He's got to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Championart View Post
                    However people feel and respect his words. He is an eloquent speaker despite that. Max sounds like broken down engine with his stuttering and while he is a better analyst his words aren't felt like Larry's.

Larry is not as good as Max when it comes analyzing fights. He is biased against pure boxing and only respects a toe to toe fight. Max is unbiased and truly appreciates all styles and fighters and knows what he is talking about to the T.

Max better analyst, Larry better speaker.
                    I mean who cares about being a good speaker, this isnt a campaign trail....Larry was a better speaker than George & Roy and both of those dudes OWNED him during fights...I wanna hear BOXING Rhetoric not Ivy League etiquette.......and really max is a better speaker with a larger vocabulary IMO

Comment

Working...
                    X