Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you prefer training with a partner or by yourself ???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you prefer training with a partner or by yourself ???

When i lift weights and stuff i normally train with a friend, we more or less follow the same routine, and are on about the same level when it somes to how much we can lift, recently he has started working late and so has switched gyms to one that is open later, so for a while i have been training by myself, i will ask someone to spot me if i need help, and some days i will train with someone if i know them and they are on the same routine as me, but apart from that i just get on with whatever, i have found that i have progressed quite alot as i am not wasting time talking or stuff like that, i feel like i have had a harder workout after because i have shorter breaks between sets, only down side is its kinda boring, but i guess thats a small price to pay for good gains. Anyway, was just curious to see what you lot do, Do you train by yourself or with a partner? Which do you think is better and why?

always by myself

everytime i bring a friend its too easy to get caught up in conversation

when im by myself i stay focused and goal-oriented

its easy to find some meat head around the gym to spot for me

Comment

Myself... no one besides your self can be 100% reliable.

Comment

Myself. Hard to focus around your buddies.

I lifted weights at school last semester. I was one of four guys who actually got full workouts everyday. Everyone else would just do a few sets of bench presses and curls and then just bs the rest of the time.

I'm sure most of those guys came to lift, but couldn't focus because they were distracting each other.

Comment

ive been working out alone for around two months now, and ive found that ive made faster gains then ever, im not big on weight training, like i dont wanna be a muscle ball or anything, but it definately feels good when you start making real improvements, i can see why some guys spend over 2 hours lifting.... but i personally think that is too long, i try and keep it to an hour max, when i had a partner it would be two hours but half that time was spent just standing around and looking cool, also pointing out peple who we thought might be on steroids, lol....
          Last edited by bcfc; 10-30-2010, 12:08 AM.

Comment

i always like training with a partner. when i do that i get more motivated to keep up.

when i ran on a tredmill wit my brother i tried my hardest to beat him. lol

Comment

Working...
            X