Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Haye Destroys Monte Barrett, Knocks Him Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrett did take Wlad 7 rounds, so its not like he destructed him any worse than Haye did...

Haye is definetly a better contender than say Samuel Peter. I think he would at least do something. I do think Haye should take one more fight before one of the Klitchkos. I think Thompson would be a good test simply because of the height. Nice practice, I think he'd win that fight, anyone disagree?

Comment

• Gotta agree with others that he isn't tight defensively, at least in a traditional sense.

But he's an aggressive fighter looking to land big shots. Defense is always going to be secondary. That style is so alien to us today that it is easy to pick faults. He's never going to win a jabbing war with a giant.

Comment

• He wont even try. Haye doesnt try to defend against jabs because his plan is to leave himself a little out of range and hopefully to attack with his superior speed. Its incredibly aggressive and will lead to him taking many straight punches to his face...but its been quite successful so far.

Comment

• The kid is not experianced. I wonder how he took the CW division.

1) He fights on pure athleticism, **** like that will cut it with guys like Barrett, it wont with real pros. He is JEFF LACY! This is the best analogy I can find.

Hes going to get hurt against any decent heavy.

Comment

• I haven't watched the fight in good quality, but Haye seems to have the power to do damage with glancing blows - that's huge.

Comment

• Originally posted by xAUGUSTUSx View Post
              1. Not boring because Monte kept coming.

2. Biased ref - Of course he was biased. The fight was being Promoted by Haye and was in the O2 Arena so don't act dumb. I'm not saying it changes anything Monte was going to lose anyway. Thats why Haye picked him.

3. No no no He does'nt have that good of a chin. He does'nt want to be touched for a reason. He can't fight inside for a reason. He's an imposter not a fighter. He's a very athletic actor who learned how to punch and watched alot of prime Roy Jones. He was hurt in the fight when barrett landed that flush Left hand and Haye hit the floor. Maybe it was to hard for you to see but I seen it clear as day. Haye was rocked bad and got all the time in the world to recover. If he was'nt hurt why did he go to a knee twice after hiiting the floor? If it was a slip what did he take a knee for? You could clearly see he was rocked. Sometimes love works in funny ways and you sometimes shadow or block the truth from you're mind.

4. I'll agree with you there, he does have a chance. A punchers chance.

5. The fact that He fought Barrett and goes straight to a title shot tells you something. He talked up the Klitschko's so much because he knew the media would carry him straight to a title shot. You can't believe that BS about all the other Heavyweights turned him down. They picked Barrett for a reason.

You're obviously madly in love with David Haye. Sometimes Love will screw you up inside and keep you blind for years. You have to understand he has no feelings for you. To David you're just a groupie ho that gives him money. Hopefully you'll eventually get over it and start to realize the truth.
              You responded to a well reasoned post with sheer idiocy. Grow up.

Comment

• Originally posted by .Mik. View Post
                And yet again a rational and intelligent poster is put off having reasonable debate in the NSB forum by having been responded to be a moron. People like you stunt this forum, you represent why most people think that this place is a joke and dont bother coming in.
                Don't worry, I'm sure he's feeling very smug about being an idiot - which just about sums up the collective sense of his posts in this thread.

Ignore him - attention seeking wind up merchants are only trying to elicit some kind of response... like a child screaming in a supermarket.

Leave the idiot to it and I'm sure before long his mum will put him to bed with his milk and his special blanket.

Comment

• terribly biased announcers and ref...Haye slipped, you're either blind or a hater if you say KD. Haye threw a wild left and his stance was incredibly wild, the momentum caused a slip and Barrett capitalized. The Klits will walk right through Haye if he keeps his hands low like that. I think he was just trying his best to look really good.

Comment

Working...
                  X