No announcement yet.

Michael Bisping And Jason Miller To Coach TUF 14

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Bisping And Jason Miller To Coach TUF 14

Middleweights Michael Bisping and Jason "Mayhem" Miller will serve as coaches on the upcoming 14th season of "The Ultimate Fighter."

UFC president Dana White today confirmed the assignments with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). MMA.tv initially reported the selections.

The season begins filming in June and debuts on ****e TV in September.

Bisping (21-3 MMA, 11-3 UFC) and Miller (24-7 MMA, 0-1 UFC) will meet in a season-ending fight at an event to be determined.

For the time in series history, "TUF 14" is expected to feature bantamweight and featherweight fighters. A 28-man, 32-slot tournament will be used. After an elimination round of fights, an official cast of 14 fighters will be determined. Two opening-round losers then will get second life as wild-card picks who fight for the eighth spot in the quarterfinal bracket.

Bisping, who won "TUF 3" and coached on "TUF 9," and Miller, who recently left Strikeforce and signed with the UFC, take the spots that were rumored to be going to a variety of fighters. Dominick Cruz, Urijah Faber, Chael Sonnen, Brian Stann, Georges St-Pierre, Nick Diaz and others all had been speculated as possibilities.

Sonnen, in fact, had the spot opposite Bisping. But unable to get a second's ("cornerman") license due to his fight ongoing fight following a recent California State Athletic Commission, Sonnen instead was replaced by Miller. (Bisping said he was "gutted" by the decision.)

Miller, in fact, is slated to fight Aaron Simpson at July's UFC 132 event, though that fight is expected to be scratched.

For more on "The Ultimate Fighter 14" debut, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/23764/repo...hem-miller.mma

I'm a little disappointed. I was looking forward to Mayhem vs Simpson, that could of been wild! Especially since Mayhem has never been really a big puncher so I was hoping for Simpson to go wild on his face.

Don't really like either of them and since Mayhem ain't a big puncher I'll actually take Bisping in this one. Should be a damn entertaining season though. Decent fight afterwards too. Neither are boring.

Comment

I don't rate either of them highly. If Bisping was American then no one would give a shit about him, it's just that the UFC want a British star to help them get more popularity over here.

I'm guessing that Miller got the job because he was on that crappy MTV show.

Comment

The Ultimate Fighter is beyond boring now a days. It's just plain stale and has been milked to it's full extent.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

Originally posted by led's baby mama View Post
          I'm a little disappointed. I was looking forward to Mayhem vs Simpson, that could of been wild! Especially since Mayhem has never been really a big puncher so I was hoping for Simpson to go wild on his face.

Don't really like either of them and since Mayhem ain't a big puncher I'll actually take Bisping in this one. Should be a damn entertaining season though. Decent fight afterwards too. Neither are boring.
          I like Mayhem a lot more than Bisping.

Should be a good fight, and the last few seasons have been stinkers and feel like a chore to watch.

They haven't had a really good season since Rampage and Rashad were coaches.
          Last edited by blaze778; 05-29-2011, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            I don't rate either of them highly. If Bisping was American then no one would give a shit about him, it's just that the UFC want a British star to help them get more popularity over here.

I'm guessing that Miller got the job because he was on that crappy MTV show.
            I don't rate them highly either, but it's a good fight for Miller's debut. I have a feeling he loses this one, which sucks since I can't stand Bisping.

Bully Beatdown on MTV had it's moments. Cheap fun, but it got old real quick.

Comment

They signed up the 2 biggest douche bags not named Chael Sonnen to coach huh. I don't really care who wins the fight, I hope they both get hit by a garbage truck....

Comment

Working...
              X