Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Intends To Remain at The Amateur Level

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with him, there's no need to rush into anything. He still has a lot to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
      Winning the Olympics is the biggest achievement an amateur can get, i don't understand why he would want to continue instead of turning pro. After the Olympics was the perfect time, his popularity is only going to decline from here on. Maybe he doesn't want the pressure?
      He's clearly not ready.

Whilst i think he's a good prospect he was very lucky to come out with a Gold medal at the Olympics and was being outclassed at times. He still has a long way to go yet till he's ready.

Comment

I think the best decision he can make is venture Stateside for 12 months. Spar with their best amateurs and professionals, not to mention it's a hub for other great amateurs/pros to gain experience from. He doesn't need to turn professional in this time but adapt his style to that of a professional boxer.

Comment

Bad MOVE.

AM boxing is useless (see the Italian super HW who has made a career of just doing Amateur fights)

You dont really learn as much as you would by fighting bums in the pro's.

Look at Mexico, guys go pro with almost 0 amateur fights and get brought along.

Its not like the HW competition is that strong, there's tons of bums around to pad your record.

Dude is going to what have his first pro fight at age 28/29? Then will be 35 before he gets a title shot?

Complete joke.

The fact that he has received 0 offers shows what Promoters think about him, dude shouldnt have made it past 1st round in Olympics, dude got the home robbery in his favor multiple times and lost to the cuban

Comment

Wow. A olympic heavyweight gold medalist hasnt had an offer from any promoter? Cant believe that.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
              Bad MOVE.

AM boxing is useless (see the Italian super HW who has made a career of just doing Amateur fights)
              Cammarelle?

He works for the police and earns a nice fat pay cheque off his amateur boxing ventures. No point taking the big risk in the pros if you're living cushty.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                I think the best decision he can make is venture Stateside for 12 months. Spar with their best amateurs and professionals, not to mention it's a hub for other great amateurs/pros to gain experience from. He doesn't need to turn professional in this time but adapt his style to that of a professional boxer.
                Come again? The best amateurs and professionals? In America? Not right now they're not. Professionally the UK has a far superior heavyweight scene currently. America barely has anyone you could argue was in the top 10 in the division (Arreola maybe) despite substantially more exposure. He will get far better quality sparring around the UK let alone Europe than he would in America. As for the amateurs America is coming off its worst performance at an olympics ever? While team GB had its most successful one ever (OK team GB had home advantage, but thats rarely acknowledged when a UK fighter fights an American in the states so I don't want to hear any moaning about that) The funding, the facilities, the coaching, the sparring are all in place over here, and the WSB's a great option available to him. Why on earth would he go to America :S

I hope he doesn't wait until the next Olympics before turning pro, get some more experience in the Amateurs and try and become world am champ, get some WSB experience, spar all around Europe against the top guys in the world and then go pro. He has so much potential.

Comment

The World Championships is in 2013, so don't worry.

Comment

He said before the Olympics we wanted to win the World Championships, so he's staying true to his word.

Comment

because he knows he sucks

Comment

Working...
                      X