Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyson-Holyfield I, who did you pick?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't into boxing at the time, prob about 11 years old then. I wish I could have seen it live. I remember the media attention for the rematch controversy though

Comment

I was a bigger Holyfield fan than a Tyson fan at that point. I picked Holyfield to win, but mainly based on me wanting him to win.

Holyfield put on one hell of a performance that night, one of his best.

Comment

I was a huge Tyson fan in those days, boy I hated it when he lost.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
          Just curious to see who everyone picked in this fight and why you picked who you did.

I picked Evander, MAINLY because he was a good friend of the family. But I just knew that he would pull it out and I knew that he wasn't going to be intimated by Tyson.

What about you?

Vote.
          Back then I was pretty new to boxing and had an irrational fear of Tyson. I literally feared for Holyfields life, lol...

When Evander k.o'd him I couldn't believe my damn eyes.

That was a great HW fight too. One of the best I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
            Just curious to see who everyone picked in this fight and why you picked who you did.

I picked Evander, MAINLY because he was a good friend of the family. But I just knew that he would pull it out and I knew that he wasn't going to be intimated by Tyson.

What about you?

Vote.
            I picked Evander and stayed with it. I was pleading for my big brothers to lay down some money for the fight - I was SO sure Evander was going to win. No one listened to me. But I was the happiest man alive that November night.

Comment

I was very much undecided. Tyson was on the decline but was still a fearsome specimen. Everybody knew Holyfield was a warrior that would never quit so something had to give.

Comment

Tyson, i was 8 y old. I thought Tyson was gonna win by KO round 1 loooool.

Comment

i was only 4 when this fight went down.......but i really wish iron mike won....

Comment

I was a kid at the time they fought, but Tyson is the reason I got into boxing. He is and will always be my favorite fighter of all time. With that said, I had Tyson. I will never pick against tyson in any fight no matter what.

Comment

i always picked iron mike no matter who he fought,i was a massive tyson nuthugger

Comment

Working...
                      X