Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis: If I fought Wlad now, we'd make more money than Pacquaio-Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
    Maybe if Tyson came out of retirement and rematched Lewis it'd be that big, but against Wlad? Cmon..
    Precisely.

Comment

Is Lewis-Wladimir a bigger even than Lewis-Vitali II?

Comment

not true

But how many people in Germany would pay ppv? And at what price?

Same with uk

The live gate wouldn't be high enough to compete with Floyd PAC

Comment

Wlad vs Lewis = 1.5 Million PPV @Best ...... Anything more is an illusion and laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
            Wlad vs Lewis = 1.5 Million PPV @Best ...... Anything more is an illusion and laughable.

i dont even think they crack a mil TBH

Comment

I doubt it...

Comment

Lewis was offered 100m last year by that Russian promoter last year or in 2013 wasn't he, to fight Wlad, and he rejected it as far as I remember? Same with the Vitali rematch, I know definitely he could have made 50mil or so if I remember correctly...

Lewis has no interest in coming back for any price, these kinds of statements are just designed to keep his ego in check because he likes to think he's still relevant, but it's tongue in cheek.

To those that say a Tyson-Lewis rematch would do more than a Wlad fight though, that is silly...Tyson lost his air of invincibility so very long ago and the first fight wasn't close almost 15 years ago, there would be no interest in that.

For a Wlad-Lennox fight, it would definitely grab the casuals attention as many in England still say, i've seen, that Lennox could come back and be a better challenge to Wlad than anyone else out there right now, and it would make money certainly in Europe, but less so in America.

It wouldn't make as much as Pac-May simply because that's a fight all boxing fans have been calling for, for years, and has two guys at least not too far off their prime or at least still with a good % of their peak powers...Wlad-Lennox would just be interesting in terms of the story, but the quality of the fight is much worse and has no real interest for knowledgeable fans...it's more of a joke fight, and would be much more difficult to sell for big PPV money like Pac-May.
                Last edited by PainfromUkraine; 03-02-2015, 02:09 PM.

Comment

You guys laugh but Lennox even at this age probably has as good a shot as anybody at beating Wlad! He really was That good.

First off I wouldn't even try to move or box at age 50, just stay in the clinch and overpower Wlad rough on the inside like he did Vitali. Come in deliberately at 260-270 and work the uppercut for a sneaky Michael Grant like stoppage.

Comment

Klitschko-Lewis would be a very big fight. I don't know about Mayweather-Pacquaio big but it would be big. Klitschko already sells arenas out with nobodies and Lennox Lewis is far from a nobody. Someone on the first page said that the fight wouldn't see because younger casuals don't know who Lennox is. That may be true, but older fans are the ones with the money and they definitely know who Lennox Lewis is.

Comment

No. Just no.

Comment

Working...
                      X