No announcement yet.

Either Alex Ariza is the man or knows something we don't know

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KevinHenry007 View Post
    Khan, Pac, Maidana etc have all been different fighters after leaving Ariza; Especially regarding their punch output and performance dwindling.
    Pac's performances were already dwindling before Ariza left Team Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by gee73 View Post
      Power of punches has little to do with the output. Floyd could punch harder but therefore he would need to change something with his technique and his approch. If he wanted to land harder he won't be able to hit his opponent and move away as soon as he landed. It's all about hit and not getting hit for him.

Ariza had success because he is with the fighters all day and he is pushing them in training. Many fighters have a habit of not pushing themselves, during their training camp and their off-season.

Bradley doesn't have power because of his technique and because of his small legs (take a look at his calves) and smaller back. He generates less power downstairs and does not have the momentum to add it upstairs. Also his technique is not made for punching. When he tried to going for broke and pushed his whole bodyweight into a punch, he rocked Pacquiao. But only then.
      Red meat helps to geneate testosterone, but is also an issue for digestion.
      this guy knows his sht, there's also a big secret i think alot of people dont seem to realise about punching power, which ofcrouse i'll keep to myself

Comment

It is true he turned baby soft chins in Khan and PAC into titanium blocks.

Comment

Conditioning coaches are a dime a dozen, excluding the Heredia types. I was reviewing old Pac fights when he was with Ariza. He was mostly gasping for breath even in the early rounds of the fight.

Ariza was simply at the right place and at the right time. A superstar was being born with or without Ariza. In the end, Pac refused to cooperate with him because he's making him do routines which Pac thought were unnecessary. Which became the constant cause of the rift happening in the Pac training camp.

Fast forward, based on Pac's last fights he looked like he could do fifteen rounds. Which leads me to conclude that fighters need to take over their own conditioning. It's their bodies. They know exactly when and when not to need conditioning trainers.
          Last edited by jqSide; 09-15-2014, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
            First, thanks for all the info.

Roach probably wasn't OK with Ariza leaving. But I know Pacquaio was cool with it. Ariza and Pacquaio had a very good relationship. Ariza was also training Khan at that time. So I'm sure Roach had big issues with that, since it's two fighters. Maybe that trainer from the UK was on board too. But Ariza was definitely training Khan in the Philippines with Pacquaio.

The info about the issues between Ariza and Garcia is interesting. That at least makes some sense than some of the other reasons I've heard.

In regards to soda and acid, and how the body will compensate for it through minerals in the bones is quite interesting too. I've heard milk is not a good thing either, that it's bad for the body and creates a lot of acid. Something along those lines.
            Pacquiao and Ariza had no problem. If they had a problem, Ariza would be fired long ago because he was like his shadow. Roach thought that was shady when Ariza just tried to do his job as good as possible.

The thing with Ariza in the Garcia camp is, that he is seeing many things the fighters there could do better physically. He wants to correct that and Garcia wants to prepare them as a boxing trainer. There's a conflict.

Milk is bad because the older people get the more they lose the ability to digest the milk protein and milk sugar. That can create acid and therefore decrease the rate of digestion. Another problem is that nowadays the cows produce more stress hormones (because of the way they are kept) we have to digest with their milk too.

Originally posted by manoamano View Post
            Some of you guys are funny. Look strength and conditioning and nutrition is no secrete. The only thing is Alex and Teri paid their dues in school, and so did memo. A lot of the training methods done by all three are methods done by the Russians back in the sixties and seventies but never really became popular in the states until a little over 10 years ago. And nutrition has advanced in the sense that nutritionist and dietitians have finally discovered how to work with blood levels and use them to their advantage. In conjunction with proper training and recovery you get great results! A lot of boxers don't have punching prower due to poor punching technique and not using the proper body mechanics as well as a poorly developed musculoskeletal system.

If you noticed on the all access the S&CC in the Garcia camp was using a lot of the training exercises that Ariza uses but they were done out of sync which tells you they wanted to use his method of training but don't really know how or when or how long to implement them.

As far as using PEDS or other illegal substances people are just talking out of their Asses cause without concrete evidence it's hard to know who is really doing things right and who's juicing. The bad side of the sport is that once these guys become a good investment people start to protect them and what they do and even the commissions will keep quiet.

Ariza is a knowledgeable guy and should be given respect for what he does until otherwise.
            Yes, and even now you can find interesting "new" things in russian publications of that time. The russians were the masters of physical training, especially strength training.

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
            this guy knows his sht, there's also a big secret i think alot of people dont seem to realise about punching power, which ofcrouse i'll keep to myself
            If someone is looking on some basic things/parameters combined with some knowledge about physics it's obvious why some people have punching power and some not.

Comment

Originally posted by gee73 View Post
              Pacquiao and Ariza had no problem. If they had a problem, Ariza would be fired long ago because he was like his shadow. Roach thought that was shady when Ariza just tried to do his job as good as possible.

The thing with Ariza in the Garcia camp is, that he is seeing many things the fighters there could do better physically. He wants to correct that and Garcia wants to prepare them as a boxing trainer. There's a conflict.

Milk is bad because the older people get the more they lose the ability to digest the milk protein and milk sugar. That can create acid and therefore decrease the rate of digestion. Another problem is that nowadays the cows produce more stress hormones (because of the way they are kept) we have to digest with their milk too.

Yes, and even now you can find interesting "new" things in russian publications of that time. The russians were the masters of physical training, especially strength training.

If someone is looking on some basic things/parameters combined with some knowledge about physics it's obvious why some people have punching power and some not.
              You misunderstood. I meant, Pacquaio was okay with Ariza leaving training camp for a few weeks to train Chavez Jr, and then returning back to Pacquaio when he returned to LA.

Thanks for all the info.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                If Mayweather really starts using Ariza and Tom, I will bet big money on Floyd to KO whoever he is fighting next. even against Pacquiao or Khan. Floyd will be so shredded, he won't be eating doritos, taco bell, sodas if he follows Ariza/tom diet plan. His body will react by getting more lean muscularity, speed, and power its his genetics that will allow it he has the muscle fiber type that will respond very well to be shocked by different training method, they call it newb gains in bodybuilding.

Floyd has fast twitch muscle fiber similar to Pacquiao, they are naturally explosive, the thing with Floyd is he looks good now for his age, and stays in shape but he has hit a plateau, last night for the first time he looked weird going into the fight like his body was just tired.

He might be overtraining and at this stage his body is so used to his basic training routine it got bored and is no longer benefiting for his dumbbell shadow boxing, sit up and pull up routine he has gotten complacent.

With Ariza and Tom he will utilize explosive training, hard sprints, resting to recuperate at his age, Floyd will have a more ripped and muscular body, he will also be much more explosive and powerful i believe.

His body will be shocked to grow faster and stronger with the type of muscle confusing workout he will be doing and the supplementation of whey protein for recover and eating the proper portions of food at least 5 to 6 times a day.

I really hope Floyd takes up Ariza on his trial offer, I think Ariza said he will train floyd for a few weeks and if Floyd doesn't like what he sees he doesn't have to pay him at all.
                You have no idea what you're talking about. Why would Floyd change up a routine that has earned him success in all 47 of his fights?

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
                  Booooooooo!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X