No announcement yet.

So what's Canelos boxing style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fidel456 View Post
    Just saw a post someone made here saying Canelo tries to box like a brotha, and a slick boxer and instead of calling him a idiot I made this thread. First people started saying he's a brawler, then a flat-footed strong power puncher, then last night Max kellerman calls him a counter puncher with underrated defense. When Mosley came out he wasnt necessarily a boxer, his dad called him a power boxer. I call Canelos style a power counter puncher. But he can also lead if he has to, like he started doing after the 2nd round when he fell behind points last night. I don't even think fighters know what his style is cause they train to try to outbox him and with the exception of Floyd they all failed with that.
    Originally posted by lopetego View Post
    a boxer-puncher who's very good at counterpunching

slow ass feet and lack of ring cutting ability are his only weaknesses

he'll always struggle against movers but he can trash pretty much any come forward fighter below 160
    Originally posted by Fidel456 View Post
    Y? Cause he struggled against Floyd?
    Originally posted by lopetego View Post
    and because he struggled against Trout, Lara and Cotto

only reason Cotto survived was because he transformed into a bycicle runner for that match alone, the few times he tried to stand and trade he was getting spanked
    Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
    Struggled against Lara, Cotto moved on him a little bit and won some rounds, and khan won rounds yesterday. Its no secret he has slow ass feet and struggles with guys that can move around.
    Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
    He does it all. Well rounded. He makes every shot count, in the end.
    Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
    I think you nailed it, a power counter puncher! He is pretty patient too.

I enjoyed watching Khan shine for a few rounds, but when I saw Khan's movement slowing, and the distance closing, I knew what was coming.
    I expected it to be a left hook happy ending! I was wrong! Generations of Khan's progeny will feel that punch!

I had PAC flash backs! One face down, the other face up! PAC's scared me more! Why?? At least I could see Khan was breathing, and he didn't need smelling salts to wake up! I took a knee for both and prayed.
    Originally posted by .!WAR CANELO!. View Post
    boxer puncher who relays heavy on counters, has great upper body movements but lacks footwork and ring generalship.

If I was his trainer I will focus heavy on footwork and ring generalship along with CUTTING OFF THE RING cause other than that he well schooled, he knows how to pick his shots and when to throw them.
    He's a counterpuncher. The modern gen edition of JMM.

Like many counterpunchers he struggles against guys who stik-n-move.

Comment

When he was still a kid he played with the shoulder roll and pullcounter.

That suggests he wanted to be a counterpuncher

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post

hes a boxer puncher he turns into a counter puncher with strik n movers.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post

I agree Canelo needs you to come to him to look good, thats why i honestly think he can beat GGG, GGG will come forward nonstop and regardless of what people try to say Canelo can punch and will be the most skilled fighter GGG has ever faced but GGG wont be the best fighter Canelo has ever faced..the hardest puncher sure but not the most skilled

Comment

Like the majority of counterpunchers he does best against opponents who recklessly come forward

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR CANELO!. View Post
              hes a boxer puncher he turns into a counter puncher with strik n movers.
              He moves forward but he is not a come forward fighter and actually fights better off of the back foot

Comment

Be bigger than his opponent with judges in his chonies.

Comment

Right before the Floyd fight Alvarez said JCC is his main boxing influence.

That was strange because Alvarez is most defly not a pressure fighter.

Comment

The manner in which he frequently uses his jab is common among counterpunchers also.

Alvarez has a disruptive jab.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
                      I agree Canelo needs you to come to him to look good, thats why i honestly think he can beat GGG, GGG will come forward nonstop and regardless of what people try to say Canelo can punch and will be the most skilled fighter GGG has ever faced but GGG wont be the best fighter Canelo has ever faced..the hardest puncher sure but not the most skilled
                      gennady saving grace is he has a nice heavy jab. Alvarez as shown last night can be reset by jabs.

But gennady will undoubtedly come forward and Alvarez gets pass that jab. Then it's game over on the inside where Alvarez is the better fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X