Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has read the bible from beginning to end?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ash_Ketchum View Post
    Oh btw Tortilla, I think I have never read the bible. My life's been so ****ty that I think I should start getting religious. I remember as a kid I use to talk to "god" and he never talked back so I stopped trying to talk to him when I was about 14.

Have you read the bible from beg to end?
    dude, forget religion, thats **** is for the weak minded, do good on your own

Comment

I have.

Originally posted by John-Locke-9-22 View Post
      SquealPiggy...
      Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Third Degree MM View Post
        dude, forget religion, thats **** is for the weak minded,
        Yeah the weak minded, like those who read books.

Comment

I was reading about Cain today, just trying to find out something about it. It says he was condemned to walk the earth as a vagabond restlessly, so I was curious to see if it says whether or not he dies.

Comment

The sequels supposed to be quite good.

Comment

Oh btw Tortilla, I think I have never read the bible. My life's been so ****ty that I think I should start getting religious. I remember as a kid I use to talk to "god" and he never talked back so I stopped trying to talk to him when I was about 14.

Have you read the bible from beg to end
              ?
              Actually, I just started to. Not because I'm on some super religious tip, but its something I've always aspired to do.

What I've read so far, is quite, I don't know how to say, but "weird" maybe.

a. two angels come to a town to protect someone from the oncoming destruction of that town, and the men of the town, want to have sex with the angels.
              b. Lot and his two daughters. The daughters never married or had children of their own, so they both, at separate times, got their father drunk and lay with him.
              c. Abraham, wifed his half sister.

I was hoping someone who has read the bible in its entirety, or understands it more than, would be able to reflect on what I've read so far.

I'm not an atheist by any means, nor am I a bible thumping "you must go to church" type person. I personally believe in a higher being, but with all of the different types of religions out there, I'm don't subscribe to any particular one. I attend Christian church every so often, but by no means am I hardcore.

Comment

Originally posted by TortillaWarrior View Post
                Actually, I just started to. Not because I'm on some super religious tip, but its something I've always aspired to do.

What I've read so far, is quite, I don't know how to say, but "weird" maybe.

a. two angels come to a town to protect someone from the oncoming destruction of that town, and the men of the town, want to have sex with the angels.
                b. Lot and his two daughters. The daughters never married or had children of their own, so they both, at separate times, got their father drunk and lay with him.
                c. Abraham, wifed his half sister.

I was hoping someone who has read the bible in its entirety, or understands it more than, would be able to reflect on what I've read so far.

I'm not an atheist by any means, nor am I a bible thumping "you must go to church" type person. I personally believe in a higher being, but with all of the different types of religions out there, I'm don't subscribe to any particular one. I attend Christian church every so often, but by no means am I hardcore.
                Interesting. Well I am Atheist I guess. I don't believe in god, devil, heaven, or hell. I have been thinking about reading books for the first time in 5 years(I was blind until my recent cornea trans.). Reason I want to read books is to clear my mind of my negative thoughts and get my mind rolling and thinking about positive things and I think maybe reading the bible a bit might be a good start. I'm not sure yet. I can no longer think positive on my own, I have to put my pride to the side and admit i need help to get my mind back on track. You think reading the Bible might be a good idea?

Comment

Interesting. Well I am Atheist I guess. I don't believe in god, devil, heaven, or hell. I have been thinking about reading books for the first time in 5 years(I was blind until my recent cornea trans.). Reason I want to read books is to clear my mind of my negative thoughts and get my mind rolling and thinking about positive things and I think maybe reading the bible a bit might be a good start. I'm not sure yet. I can no longer think positive on my own, I have to put my pride to the side and admit i need help to get my mind back on track. You think reading the Bible might be a good idea?
                  Honestly, I don't know.

I think reading period, from a variety of sources would be good though. Different philosophies, history, non fiction, etc.

However, and I'm saying this as I don't really know you personally, but if you want to get into more positive thoughts,

surround yourself with positive people. I've found that when I was around people who weren't so trustworthy and always seemed to have a negative outlook on life, I was doing worse.

Now, I tend to stay away from people like that, and have lost people who I thought were "friends" in the process, but I'm doing much better for myself and have never been happier.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
                    Yeah the weak minded, like those who read books.
                    I have learned more in the Lounge than I have from any book.

Comment

I have read the whole thing, just not in one sitting if that's what you meant.

Comment

Working...
                      X