Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im beginning to think that its true about Floyd...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silnt_assn_009 View Post
    The way mediation works is when 2 parties cannot agree on something, they get an unbiased 3rd party whom would be presented both sides of their respected case. The 3rd party mediator then suggest to the best of his ability a fair judgement that would be impartial to both sides (I am not stating these facts implying that you dont know them, but for the others who come across this post who might not, so they can understand my argument). The mediator then made the suggestion of 24 days. GBP and Haymon thought it was fair. Mayweather did not budge. If Mayweather have at least given a different date or something to work with, then more things could have been worked out to what you've been saying of say 2 weeks but Mayweather flat out said no and he didn't want to cooperate. That's why I am making my argument that it seems he is scared to fight hiding behind his position.
    Hold on a second Top rank said GBP and Haymon thought it was fair,this could be more BS coming from the pac camp.
    I firmly believe there is more to it bocz I tink mayweather wpuld agree to this to me its fair they are meeting halfway and he has agreed to random urine test's throughout which are sufficient....
    I await to hear from mayweather's camp until commenting further.......

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
      come on man, thats not true. The whole time Scheffer has been telling them to give him a closer date and they may take it. You dont remember hearing Pac all those times saying he will take it but just not the day of the fight and then Roach saying just to give them 3 days? All the Pac fans were repeating that the whole time when in reality there official stance was 30 days. Again, the mediator didnt really say 24. That wasnt no lesser time. Thats what Arum would do anyways because Pac already did it against Hatton so he had to go there. If anything, you start from there and go lower. How is that doing something when that was there stance from the jump?

Again, you are only really hearing Arum's side. Plus like I keep telling people, there was also way more to it than that. Dont believe the GBP & Haymon hype. Thats just Arum talk. Arum was also trying to force an apology and trying to get GBP to give up there share of Pac's contract by threatning them with a lawsuit otherwise. Its a scam by Arum and you people dont see it. Just like he's dumb and brings some Scientist to tell Floyd that he cant be hurt or 24 days is fine when weve alreayd had 50 other articles on here by experts who say 24 days is a joke and they agree with Floyd that it should be random blood testing all the way close to the fight. What if Floyd wouldve brought them, would it have been a sham if Pac didnt agree to that?

What if the mediator had told Pac that the cut off date he suggest is 3 days? Do you think Arum wouldve took that? Come on you guys, open your eyes. People just feel the need to blame one said or say someone is scared. You have to look at it from both sides. Sometimes things just dont work out. I dont blame either because I understand both of there sides
      DLT, I respect your opinion, so I will disregard what Arum has been saying. I will only go by facts.

The mediator said 24 days which is fact. How could Arum know that the former Federal Judge, the Mediator, will rule 24 days? It doesn't matter if thats what Arum planned all along, but the Mediator said 24. The thing that killed the mediation is that Mayweather said no, and ended the negotiations. My point is that because Floyd was unwilling to even give an alternative that would work for him killed the fight.

Comment

This is my first post, but have been a long time reader in these forums. I am a fan of boxing first and foremost but also a big time fan of Floyd and Pac. Im disappointed that the fight is off for March 13 just like anyone else.

I am beginning to think that Floyd is really scared that his unblemished record will disappear and thus scared of Pac.

Why is it so critical for him for the random drug testing? With all this publicity and media coverage, do you think Pac and his team will still take PED's? He and his team would be the stupidest men alive. All this publicity pretty much guarantees that Pac will not use PED's before the fight. All this media coverage will assure him that this will be a fair fight.
        PBF has always been scared, so obviously he will be even more scared against the best boxer he ever fought. He was so scared of the unbeaten Hatton, that he had a talk with the referee before the fight about Hattons supposedly dirty tactics for extra protection, on top of weight advantage PBF had and home advantage.
        He then over the course of the fight elbowed hatton repeatly, and no warning from the ref. The ref concentrated on Hattons dirty tactics that he forgot to look out for PBF. Crafty PBF is. That is why he is unbeaten. And PBF knows whats he got to do to keep it that way.

Comment

DLT, I respect your opinion, so I will disregard what Arum has been saying. I will only go by facts.

The mediator said 24 days which is fact. How could Arum know that the former Federal Judge, the Mediator, will rule 24 days? It doesn't matter if thats what Arum planned all along, but the Mediator said 24. The thing that killed the mediation is that Mayweather said no, and ended the negotiations. My point is that because Floyd was unwilling to even give an alternative that would work for him killed the fight.
          I think the problem is that you have this mindset that the mediator is some special guy. He's not. Theyve used him before and he's like a regular cat to get in the middle of them. Its not like and arbitrator or something. He's basically nothing and thats why either side can walk away. Its no different than basically Scheffer & Arum doing it together like they were before. Both sides want certain things and if they dont get it then its done. Dont act like 24 days is something special. What is the real difference between 24 and 30? They might is well not even do the test because its basically at that point no different than the normal test.

Stop trying to put this on Floyd's side only. If you want to pin it on him then fine but dont single him out. Its clearly equal and I lean towards giving Floyd more credit because I think its pretty clear that from the jump the Floyd camp let it be known they wanted the Olympic testing and Roach said it was no problem and Arum ran to Pac with the contract because he has no problem either. Then obviously they heard something different and totally flipped the script. Then I lost some respect because Pac, Roach, and Ariza were all in interviews saying that Pac will do it but he just doesnt want to do it the day of the fight. Thats what they were saying the whole time while Arum was issuing statments saying 30 days. Its like Roach & Pac were too ashamed in interviews to say 30. If you are ashamed to say it then that tells you they think its bad themselves.

Lets be real man. Arum wasnt going any lower then 24. It was clear and its been clear. He was never ever eve going to 24 until the Hatton film came out and they saw that 24 was the cut off date. Again, what if the mediator had said 3 days? Would you rip Arum for saying NO and thats it? Arum has said NO and thats it way more times in these negotaitons than floyd has. Its clear though that they werent going to agree because both sides have hard stances on it. Also, where did you exactly hear that the mediator himself said 24 and that Floyd said NO and thats it?
          Last edited by DLT; 01-07-2010, 07:29 AM.

Comment

The man's got a point. In my opinion, I think 24 days is still a little too far away. If Floyd offered another alternative rather than flat out reject this offer, it would've put Manny in the position of deciding if the fight goes through or not. 2 weeks does seem reasonable. He should have negotiated with that offer or something.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              PBF has always been scared, so obviously he will be even more scared against the best boxer he ever fought. He was so scared of the unbeaten Hatton, that he had a talk with the referee before the fight about Hattons supposedly dirty tactics for extra protection, on top of weight advantage PBF had and home advantage.
              He then over the course of the fight elbowed hatton repeatly, and no warning from the ref. The ref concentrated on Hattons dirty tactics that he forgot to look out for PBF. Crafty PBF is. That is why he is unbeaten. And PBF knows whats he got to do to keep it that way.

Are you serious???
              So your saying basically that the only reason floyd won that fight is bcoz of the ref?....GTFOH
              Floyd beats hatton all day everyday completely different class of boxer.....
              This floyd is scared is bull****...
              Why you tink floyd fought marquez?? to setup this fight there is no way in hell floyd is afraid of pac.....
              floyd wants pac for money and legacy.....

Comment

I think the problem is that you have this mindset that the mediator is some special guy. He's not. Theyve used him before and he's like a regular cat to get in the middle of them. Its not like and arbitrator or something. He's basically nothing and thats why either side can walk away. Its no different than basically Scheffer & Arum doing it together like they were before. Both sides want certain things and if they dont get it then its done. Dont act like 24 days is something special. What is the real difference between 24 and 30? They might is well not even do the test because its basically at that point no different than the normal test.

Stop trying to put this on Floyd's side only. If you want to pin it on him then fine but dont single him out. Its clearly equal and I lean towards giving Floyd more credit because I think its pretty clear that from the jump the Floyd camp let it be known they wanted the Olympic testing and Roach said it was no problem and Arum ran to Pac with the contract because he has no problem either. Then obviously they heard something different and totally flipped the script. Then I lost some respect because Pac, Roach, and Ariza were all in interviews saying that Pac will do it but he just doesnt want to do it the day of the fight. Thats what they were saying the whole time while Arum was issuing statments saying 30 days. Its like Roach & Pac were too ashamed in interviews to say 30. If you are ashamed to say it then that tells you they think its bad themselves.

Lets be real man. Arum wasnt going any lower then 24. It was clear and its been clear. He was never ever eve going to 24 until the Hatton film came out and they saw that 24 was the cut off date. Again, what if the mediator had said 3 days? Would you rip Arum for saying NO and thats it? Arum has said NO and thats it way more times in these negotaitons than floyd has. Its clear though that they werent going to agree because both sides have hard stances on it. Also, where did you exactly hear that the mediator himself said 24 and that Floyd said NO and thats it?
                I dont think he is a special guy, but he is a very credible one. He is a Federal Judge who makes impartial fair rulings based on cases brought forth by 2 parties who are in a disagreement. He does this for a living on the Federal Government level. As I said before, lets stay with the facts. Forget all that Roach, Ariza, or whatever they said, that was 2 weeks ago. Or the the what if you were saying about 3 days. Let's look at it now where it stands today. It is at 24. That is fact. What killed the deal? Mayweather is not budging on his position. I am not saying he is wrong for his beliefs, just as Manny has his, but his unwavering position is what killed the deal and that is sad for us boxing fans. Just like I said before if Mayweather gave a different date, the negotiation will have stayed alive.

Comment

I dont think he is a special guy, but he is a very credible one. He is a Federal Judge who makes impartial fair rulings based on cases brought forth by 2 parties who are in a disagreement. He does this for a living on the Federal Government level. As I said before, lets stay with the facts. Forget all that Roach, Ariza, or whatever they said, that was 2 weeks ago. Or the the what if you were saying about 3 days. Let's look at it now where it stands today. It is at 24. That is fact. What killed the deal? Mayweather is not budging on his position. I am not saying he is wrong for his beliefs, just as Manny has his, but his unwavering position is what killed the deal and that is sad for us boxing fans. Just like I said before if Mayweather gave a different date, the negotiation will have stayed alive.
                  What are you talking about? Thats not true. Thats my point. 1st of all the judge is retired. The date was from the Pac camp and Floyd's team said he wanted something closer to the fight. Its so funny how people are trying to spin that. Its not true what you are saying. Show me one thing supporting what you said

Comment

What are you talking about? Thats not true. Thats my point. 1st of all the judge is retired. The date was from the Pac camp and Floyd's team said he wanted something closer to the fight. Its so funny how people are trying to spin that. Its not true what you are saying. Show me one thing supporting what you said
                    I know he's a retired judge. That's why they brought him in to mediate. The judge did not seek Arum and Golden Boy. They asked him to mediate for them. Also, see below:

"Pacquiao had agreed to move off his hard-line stance of refusing a blood test inside 30 days before the fight, but Mayweather wouldn't budge off his desire for random testing all the way until the fight, Arum said. Nor would Mayweather agree to a public apology for remarks he made accusing Pacquiao of using performance-enhancing drugs, Arum said."

Its on the front page of ESPN dot com, I guess im not allowed to put links on the forum yet.

Comment

I know he's a retired judge. That's why they brought him in to mediate. The judge did not seek Arum and Golden Boy. They asked him to mediate for them. Also, see below:

"Pacquiao had agreed to move off his hard-line stance of refusing a blood test inside 30 days before the fight, but Mayweather wouldn't budge off his desire for random testing all the way until the fight, Arum said. Nor would Mayweather agree to a public apology for remarks he made accusing Pacquiao of using performance-enhancing drugs, Arum said."

Its on the front page of ESPN dot com, I guess im not allowed to put links on the forum yet.
                      It says "Arum Said". Im telling you that the 24 days was from him and like I said, he also wanted apologies and GBP to give up there percentage of Pac. Dont be fooled by that stuff man. Its Arum talk. Even the articles on here say that the 24 days are from the Pac team and Floyd wanted something closer to the fight date

Comment

Working...
                      X