Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it that brothers overshadow eachother so much in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it that brothers overshadow eachother so much in boxing?

The only brothers in boxing that I'm aware of who are simultaneously popular are the Klitchkos.

I never really hear much coverage of Bobby Pacquiao, Matthew Hatton or Jose Miguel Cotto. I would think because of the popularity of their brothers, they would inherit some of it too. Or is it because they're so popular they completely overshadow them?

Am I wrong to think this? If not, are there any other brothers in boxing that share this situation?

marquez brothers are both great..............

Comment

Juan Manuel and Rafael Marquez. The Greatest brother act in boxing history - Larry Merchant

* Not the exact quote :I

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
        The only brothers in boxing that I'm aware of who are simultaneously popular are the Klitchkos.

I never really hear much coverage of Bobby Pacquiao, Matthew Hatton or Jose Miguel Cotto. I would think because of the popularity of their brothers, they would inherit some of it too. Or is it because they're so popular they completely overshadow them?

Am I wrong to think this? If not, are there any other brothers in boxing that share this situation?
        Their popularity has something to do with their talent. The Klitchkos are simultaneously popular because they're both good. So are Rafa and JMM.

Bobby Pacquiao, Matthew Hatton, Jose Miguel Cotto, not so much compared to their more talented brothers. So it's more of the talent of their brothers that overshadows them, and with that comes the popularity.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post

Peterson brothers are about equally good.
          As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, the Marquez brothers are kind of boss.

Comment

I dunno how I forgot about the Marquezssszs.

Either way, I think Raf's popularity is still a bit overshadowed by JMM's.

Comment

Working...
            X