(Poll) Is Joe Fraizer Overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
    lmao.you just made his trolling list
    Dude. He's BEEN on my troll list since the first day he posted in Boxing History.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
      Do you sometimes let people disagree with you??
      I agree to disagree all the time. Especially when the poster isn't an obnoxious prick or is putting out crackpot views. There's a huge difference between a reasoned that differs somewhat from the conventional wisdom and nutcase arguments from the lunatic fringe.

If a guy thinks Frazier is overrated,then it's his own opinion...
      While he's certainly entitled to his opinion he's NOT entitled to force others to give it credence. Better to have others think you're an idiot than open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

At least answer with facts instead of trading insults.
      He was answered with facts in the early days of this debate. Most respectable posters no longer bother trying to talk sense to him.

You ain't no smarter than others posters.
      You're making a comment on my intelligence using grammer THAT bad? :hahahaha9: For the record, while I may not be as intelligent as The GreatA, Jab, or GJC for example; I'd hazzard to say I'm probably much more intelligent than the typical NSB troll that slithers into the Boxing History section.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
        Natedatpkid is a pot smoking student.He doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.
        Man **** this. This is just too freakin ridiculous. **** this section especially if it's gonna be run by trolls.

R.I.P the old history section where you could post & learn and have a reasonable debate without trolls but ever since the Joe Frazier **** started in june this place has gone spiraling down in a plane crash.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
          Man **** this. This is just too freakin ridiculous. **** this section especially if it's gonna be run by trolls.

R.I.P the old history section where you could post & learn and have a reasonable debate without trolls but ever since the Joe Frazier **** started in june this place has gone spiraling down in a plane crash.
          Don't leave ffs! We're trying to get a mod in here to clean up the trolling

Poet

Comment

Not really leaving per say, just keeping my distance and picking my post wisely until a mod gets in here and stops all the trolling. I just don't understand why every single page has to have atleast one 10 page Joe Frazier hate thread. It's not the same as people hating on Wladimir or Tyson. I don't see Tyson or Klitschko hate threads hardly ever in the history section, only when a troll like The Magic Man brings the brothers in trying to say like their the greatest of all time.

And everybody already knows I'm a younger fan of the sport and am eager to learn and it's just annoying when trolls try to bring that up. And what the **** does smoking weed have to do with boxing history or somebody's knowledge of the sport? Pernell Whitaker did Cocaine, I'm sure others have done worst, why don't they try telling them they don't know **** about boxing.

It's just really annoying and like Jab told me before the more you respond to them the more people start thinking your trolling like them so I'm just keeping my distance til somebody can straighten this **** out. Cuz I got no patience and a short temper especially since im still young so it ain't worth gettin banned to snap at one of these idiots ha
            Last edited by $Bullsfam$; 07-30-2010, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
              Not really leaving per say, just keeping my distance and picking my post wisely until a mod gets in here and stops all the trolling. I just don't understand why every single page has to have atleast one 10 page Joe Frazier hate thread. It's not the same as people hating on Wladimir or Tyson. I don't see Tyson or Klitschko hate threads hardly ever in the history section, only when a troll like The Magic Man brings the brothers in trying to say like their the greatest of all time.

And everybody already knows I'm a younger fan of the sport and am eager to learn and it's just annoying when trolls try to bring that up. And what the **** does smoking weed have to do with boxing history or somebody's knowledge of the sport? Pernell Whitaker did Cocaine, I'm sure others have done worst, why don't they try telling them they don't know **** about boxing.

It's just really annoying and like Jab told me before the more you respond to them the more people start thinking your trolling like them so I'm just keeping my distance til somebody can straighten this **** out. Cuz I got no patience and a short temper especially since im still young so it ain't worth gettin banned to snap at one of these idiots ha
              Don't feel bad: I'm 42 and have no patience and a short fuze :hahahaha9: I stopped trying to have a reasoned discussion with those idiots a long time ago. Generally I just settle for letting them know they aren't welcome in the Boxing History section and pointing out they're morons when they post something particularly outrageous. Even THAT'S probably giving them more attention than they deserve

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                "Leech" and "wife beater" are boxing related?

Yes,Frazier's leeching is "boxing related".

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                Funny, but I've never accused Wlad of "leeching" off his big brother even though an argument could certainly be made for it.

You haven't done so because you can't.Wladimir's resume is far superior to that of his brother.

Up until Vitali's fight with Lewis,it was Wladimir who was touted as the more superior of the two(rightfully so,btw)

Comment

It's quite simple,really.When you shamelessly continue live off of another man's name,his legacy,his accomplishments,then you're wide open for deserving criticism.

That trilogy is his one and only claim to fame.Without it,nobody would remember him in the slightest.

Despite being at a much better stage in his career,Frazier lost this trilogy decisively.And despite losing this trilogy,Frazier is usually remembered above far greater fighters than himself.Without that trilogy,he wouldn't even make it into the hall of fame.

Legitimate all time greats like Michael Spinks are all but forgotten except for some highlight package of young phemom at his peak.
                  It's no surprise you hate Frazier, considering you've made a post career of discrediting everything about him. Lets not forget how deep YOUR hatred for him runs through you. At one point you even had both avatar and sig dedicated to him. You're forgetting how competative his fights with Ali were. You take a look at the simple 'L' on Boxrec and you think, "oh, he lost, that means he's a terrible fighter". Frazier was at a much better stag in his career? What are you talking about? It's the second half of Ali's career that made him and Frazier was just the beginning of the second half. By then Frazier was already heading south, majorly due to health problems. And don't even try to deny that because knowing people like you and your predictable mannerisms in trying to discredit others is to deny any sort of obstacle that could give reasoning. Why bring up Michael Spinks? According to your logic, Michael Spinks should be a terrible fighter for getting blasted in one by Tyson. Based on your logic again, his only good wins are against Cooney and Holmes and the rest are just ok-solid fighters. Now I'm not saying what I said about Spinks is what I believe, but I'm just explaining his career out through the logic your presenting, which is very flawed.

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
                    It's no surprise you hate Frazier, considering you've made a post career of discrediting everything about him. Lets not forget how deep YOUR hatred for him runs through you. At one point you even had both avatar and sig dedicated to him. You're forgetting how competative his fights with Ali were. You take a look at the simple 'L' on Boxrec and you think, "oh, he lost, that means he's a terrible fighter". Frazier was at a much better stag in his career? What are you talking about? It's the second half of Ali's career that made him and Frazier was just the beginning of the second half. By then Frazier was already heading south, majorly due to health problems. And don't even try to deny that because knowing people like you and your predictable mannerisms in trying to discredit others is to deny any sort of obstacle that could give reasoning. Why bring up Michael Spinks? According to your logic, Michael Spinks should be a terrible fighter for getting blasted in one by Tyson. Based on your logic again, his only good wins are against Cooney and Holmes and the rest are just ok-solid fighters. Now I'm not saying what I said about Spinks is what I believe, but I'm just explaining his career out through the logic your presenting, which is very flawed.

You should try using the odd paragraph every now and then,it does help sometimes.

I brought Michael Spinks up as he's the typical case of a truly great fighter who was involved in one disastrous fight that forever defined him to the casual,mainstream viewer.A far greater fighter than frazier,although he'd never be credited for being so.

Yes,frazier was at a better stage in his career than Ali when they fought three times.He was far closer to his prime,suffered no serious layoff and wasn't as technically flawed as Ali was.

In an ideal world for frazier and his apologists: frazier cleared his division of all contenders,beat a prime,non-rusty version of Ali and was a walking cripple at the time he stepped in the ring with George foreman(the first puncher he ever faced in his life).

Unfortunately for you lot,facts always outweigh myths.

Why should any world class fighter be given credit for being competitive with someone like Ali of the mid 70's? A feather fisted,fat shadow of what he once was.Part time fighter/part time clown at the time he and frazier fought for the third time.

The same Ali that fought frazier the third time was the same version who fought Alfredo Evangelista,who won as many rounds,was as competitive,and landed more clean body shots against Ali than frazier ever did.

Try taking a look of frazier's accomplishments outside of Ali and then compare it to other all time greats.

As I said earlier: "it's like comparing a piss puddle to a lake".
                    Last edited by prinzemanspopa; 07-30-2010, 03:26 PM.

Comment

You should try using the odd paragraph every now and then,it does help sometimes.

I brought Michael Spinks up as he's the typical case of a truly great fighter who was involved in one disastrous fight that forever defined him to the casual,mainstream viewer.A far greater fighter than frazier,although he'd never be credited for being so.

Yes,frazier was at a better stage in his career than Ali when they fought three times.He was far closer to his prime,suffered no serious layoff and wasn't as technically flawed as Ali was.

In an ideal world for frazier and his apologists: frazier cleared his division of all contenders,beat a prime,non-rusty version of Ali and was a walking cripple at the time he stepped in the ring with George foreman(the first puncher he ever faced in his life).

Unfortunately for you lot,facts always outweigh myths.

Why should any world class fighter be given credit for being competitive with someone like Ali of the mid 70's? A feather fisted,fat shadow of what he once was.Part time fighter/part time clown at the time he and frazier fought for the third time.

The same Ali that fought frazier the third time was the same version who fought Alfredo Evangelista,who won as many rounds,was as competitive,and landed more clean body shots against Ali than frazier ever did.

Try taking a look of frazier's accomplishments outside of Ali and then compare it to other all time greats.

As I said earlier: "it's like comparing a piss puddle to a lake".
                      Who gives two ****s about paragraphs, pay attention to the content. You brought up Michael Spinks and failed to give any sort of evidence in the differentiation between the two. You only gave an opinion. You take a look at Fraziers and Spinks' careers, they are very similar in competition on their resume, yet your OPINION somehow outweighs everything, right? Frazier had two disastrous fights with one of the best and biggest punchers in history, but I guess that's not good enough for you? That should discredit his entire career, right? Why are you so smug about your bias? It's no secret you're the biggest troll on this entire forum. No Frazier was not at a better stage in his career. What else did Frazier accomplish after-wards? Not very much. Ali at least went on on to beat Norton and Shavers, a better caliber of opponents than Frazier went on to face. They are similar in age, only Ali started his career 5 years before. Frazier has had lots of health problems, and many of them are apparent now. They are pretty well documented health problems in Frazier during this period, it's not some bull**** he made up as an excuse 20 years later. Now you're making the mistake of accusing me of saying Joe was the best in the 60's or 70's, ha. I find it pretty funny because you also have forgotten Boxing is business and it's no different as to how things work nowadays. Ali was the only fighter of that era who was able to get into the ring with the majority of great heavyweights. There was only like 2 giant punchers like Foreman during that era and Frazier didn't fight them, so automatically he was a ducker? I know this is normally your argument in other threads, but you also forget at how many fighters there are out there to fight, and these big punchers were the ones who racked in the paydays at the time. It's much more possible for fights not to happen with big punchers because the money is much bigger then. Just like the situation with Maidana; huge puncher, but he wants more money for his fights because they are entertaining. This really isn't about the facts because most of the heavyweights then have similar resumes as Frazier, much like my comparison early between him and Spinks. Are you seriously comparing the Evangelista fight with the Thrilla in Manila? You're crazy to think if that holds any weight with the fight that is considered probably one of the most competitive fights of all time. Obviously Frazier's resume won't look to hot compared to the fighters in the 20's-40's, but it's very apparent that boxing became much more of a business than having the best fight the best. Especially with the inclusion of Don King and Bob Arum. You're personal vendetta against Frazier is extremely apparent.

Comment

Working...
                      X