No announcement yet.

Strange silence in the Mayweather camp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange silence in the Mayweather camp

Lately, I've been reading a lot of articles about Cotto's preparation and progress, his training and his work with Diaz.

But, aside from the 24\7 episode#1 and this profile feature coming up in late April, not much from the Mayweather camp. No trash-talking, no loud noises, no father\son fights .... nothing but an eerie silence and rumors of the work being put in at the gym by Floyd.

Highly unusual!!!!!

If I were to gauge this unusual behavior from an outsider's speculative standpoint -- I would say that Floyd for the first time in years, has pretty much locked himself away and is focused solely on putting on a performance like none before.
    As I think back, this was the fight Floyd's wanted for years, and when he fought Brussless who made every attempt to mimic Cotto's style -- And while Cotto was in attendance, Floyd put on a teasing performance, making easy work of the Cotto clone.

What I've seen from the released video is a totally Committed Mayweather, but committed to what???

A stellar performance or to drive home something he's wanted to drive home for years ....

That even though Cotto is one of the very best in the sport and many have felt that he was avoided by Mayweather. {Losing sight of the Arum factor} Floyd is going to show once and for all, that he never had any reason to avoid Cotto, that he knows how to beat Cotto at his best weight, with his best trainer and make it look easy ......

Sure, I believe Cotto's got a shot, I would be foolish to think otherwise -- But I think we are going to see a completely possessed and obsessed Mayweather on May 5th, that will leave no doubt, who is the best boxer in the world. This, I feel is going to be Floyd's signature fight and a clear statement ... that he is the very best.

This is going to be a "MUST SEE" fight and I am sooo freakin excited .... !!!!!

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
    Lately, I've been reading a lot of articles about Cotto's preparation and progress, his training and his work with Diaz.

But, aside from the 24\7 episode#1 and this profile feature coming up in late April, not much from the Mayweather camp. No trash-talking, no loud noises, no father\son fights .... nothing but an eerie silence and rumors of the work being put in at the gym by Floyd.

Highly unusual!!!!!

If I were to gauge this unusual behavior from an outsider's speculative standpoint -- I would say that Floyd for the first time in years, has pretty much locked himself away and is focused solely on putting on a performance like none before.
    As I think back, this was the fight Floyd's wanted for years, and when he fought Brussless who made every attempt to mimic Cotto's style -- And while Cotto was in attendance, Floyd put on a teasing performance, making easy work of the Cotto clone.

What I've seen from the released video is a totally Committed Mayweather, but committed to what???

A stellar performance or to drive home something he's wanted to drive home for years ....

That even though Cotto is one of the very best in the sport and many have felt that he was avoided by Mayweather. {Losing sight of the Arum factor} Floyd is going to show once and for all, that he never had any reason to avoid Cotto, that he knows how to beat Cotto at his best weight, with his best trainer and make it look easy ......

Sure, I believe Cotto's got a shot, I would be foolish to think otherwise -- But I think we are going to see a completely possessed and obsessed Mayweather on May 5th, that will leave no doubt, who is the best boxer in the world. This, I feel is going to be Floyd's signature fight and a clear statement ... that he is the very best.

he's ensuring he leaves a big impression on the world before he goes to jail for a bit

Comment

i agree it would be nice to see him shut the critics up before pac showed up no1 would shut up about cotto they said floyd retired and ducked cotto etc plus floyds last performance wasnt exactly a fan favourite so im sure he wants to put on a performance to remember for the fans should be good because i think cottos wanted this fight for a long time too

Comment

Highly unusual!!!!!

Bruseles is far from a Cotto clone and 147 was Cotto's best weight.

Comment

I agree. Its very interesting and its going to be an up hill battle for each of them.

I expect them to be on beast mode and at thier best.

One thing is that "yo voy al mio!".

War Miguel!

Comment

yea i noticed that too a little bit

this is good

floyd is determined to show the critics once again why he is one of the best boxers today

Comment

well cotto media workout was yesterday, floyd is next tuesday

Comment

I think Floyd works as hard as he possibly can for every fight and camp. Say what you want about him but from all reports the guy is one of the hardest workers in the sport. I dont think the silence means anything other than Floyd is getting a little older and Cotto doesnt give him much reason to talk ****.

Comment

Highly unusual!!!!!

Dude the arum factor is something Mayweather created in his own delusional childish head. Arum helped make him what he is today. he got him hs first title shot and million dollars. Floyd is a hoe

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                    Bruseles is far from a Cotto clone and 147 was Cotto's best weight.
                    Cotto fled 147....

He saw an easy title at 154 and took the easy route.

Comment

Working...
                    X