No announcement yet.

Timothy Bradley's Boxing Legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
    Pac was a groomed hype job. I think Edwin Valero, had he been alive - and fock that piece of shlt btw for murdering his wife - would've changed Manny's career. How Arum strategized his career was just garbage. The dark secrets of boxing only industry people really know, this is why when things break out, the press never report on it because ideally all sides are guilty... The fact that Pac never agreed to Floyd's challenge pre 2010 is just pure suspect on drug testing.

Boxing is just one of the those sports, not as high revenue as Baseball, but many secrets are kept, especially on star players..
    Stop embarrassing yourself. Manny and Bradley are leagues apart resume-wise.

Comment

Definitely agree with everybody that he's a Hall of famer.

But these types of arguments will be common in this era with all these fights that can't be made.

Comment

A great of his era, just couldn't beat manny, no shame in that...

Bradley will be in the hall of fame one day,,, great run at 140 and 147..

Guy has legit wins over marquez, peterson, abregu, witter, holt, ruslan, vargas, alexander

His resume is as good as anyone's and probably only gets outdone by legends like floyd, hopkins, manny, etc

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
          FACTS:

Bradley beat Marquez ''decisively.'' Pac never beat Marquez by UD.

Bradley performed much better in previous fights. Perhaps he was toooo stressed with Atlas' game plan he wasn't confident enough to let go like old Bradley. We all know this. Bradley is one fighter always with a bag tricks.

The boxing industry tried to play this trilogy as something significant, when we all knew it was never in comparison to the Marquez trilogy. Keep in mind Bradley beat a Marquez that had already finished the War series with Pac...

When people look at the tapes, Bradley was different in previous fights..compare it to last night... Pac nor did Bradley really let go.

Bradley only has 2 losses and has never been KO'd. The fact that Bradley has more significant retainment at seasoned classes vs managed catchweight division gimmick and never really defended titles moving up to significant players...

I say they're both tied in Legacy.
          Wtf is this ****?!

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
            Where does Tim Bradley stand in terms of boxing legacy?

When I look back on his career, I see a guy who started strong, built a solid resume at 140 and despite his shortcomings, was always able to will himself to victory. He could box and brawl when he needed to.

But I also see a career that was hindered by boxing politics. This isn't a business thread. I'm not interested in Bradley dating my daughter so don't come in here with that "he gettin money doe" argument.

But by being with Top Rank, he never got to fight Floyd Mayweather, Danny Garcia, Robert Guerrero, Keith Thurman, Showtime P, and the rest of the GBP and now PBC stable. He also never fought Amir Khan when he probably should have to establish himself as the man at 140.

But in spite of all of this, he still built up a very respectable resume. So to me, I see a fighter that could've been great but left too many "what ifs" by not being able to fight the top welterweights.

Thoughts?
            What are his best wins? Peterson and Marquez?
            No one seriously believes he beat Pacquiao in the first fight.

So, he's good and that's it. Let's not exaggerate.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
              Nah he's 0-3 against the Pac.
              Manny a legend tho

Comment

His career is not done yet, he can clean out the 147 division and be ranked higher than Floyd or Manny by becoming undisputed champion at 147, he was lineal champ at 140 but to do it at 147 he got robbed of the lineal title against Pac.

I hope Bradley fights on they need to make the Vargas rematch get the WBO back, then they need to work with Haymon, Bradley will only really have trouble with Kell Brook, too big too strong.

Comment

Being with Top Rank didn't get him the fights we wanted to see but I don't know if these fights would've been the best fights for his career businesswise.

Bradley to me is a B+ level fighter that could look like A- against the correct opponent. Bradley has accomplished alot in his pro career and he's definitley one of the best of the last 10 years, his run at 140 was great including wins over Miguel Vazquez, Junior Witter in the UK, Kendall Holt, prime undefeated Lamont Peterson, prime undefeated Abregu, prime undefeated Devon Alexander, old Casamayor, Provodnikov, Marquez, Vargas who just became champion a couple of weeks ago and of course his fights with Manny (despite the losses) certainly qualify him to be in the HOF in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                    Where does Tim Bradley stand in terms of boxing legacy?

When I look back on his career, I see a guy who started strong, built a solid resume at 140 and despite his shortcomings, was always able to will himself to victory. He could box and brawl when he needed to.

But I also see a career that was hindered by boxing politics. This isn't a business thread. I'm not interested in Bradley dating my daughter so don't come in here with that "he gettin money doe" argument.

But by being with Top Rank, he never got to fight Floyd Mayweather, Danny Garcia, Robert Guerrero, Keith Thurman, Showtime P, and the rest of the GBP and now PBC stable. He also never fought Amir Khan when he probably should have to establish himself as the man at 140.

But in spite of all of this, he still built up a very respectable resume. So to me, I see a fighter that could've been great but left too many "what ifs" by not being able to fight the top welterweights.

Thoughts?
                    Good analysis. I think he is a very good but not great fighter that will fall just short of the HOF.

Comment

Decent solid fighter of the era.

Will be forgotten about in due time.

Should he get in the HOF? No. Will he? Probably by today's standards.

Comment

Working...
                      X