Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Lazslo Papp the greatest fighter ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Lazslo Papp the greatest fighter ever?

Amateur record - 301 wins - 12 losses and 6 draws - 55 first round knockouts

3 time Olympic Gold Medalist - once at middleweight and twice at light heavy and he was only 5' 5"

As a pro he went to 27 wins and two draws. People talk about Ray Robinson but this guy was a monster.

lol..why would he be the greatest fighter ever?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by larrys.o.g View Post
        lol..why would he be the greatest fighter ever?
        Accomplishments

Comment

Is Felix Savon the greatest Heavyweight ever? No because I'm not stupid.

You have to actually do something notable as a pro probably at least once like.... I don't know the hundreds of other fighters that deserve to be in the conversation ahead of Papp.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
            Accomplishments
            What did he do as a pro?? who did he beat?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
              Is Felix Savon the greatest Heavyweight ever? No because I'm not stupid.

You have to actually do something notable as a pro probably at least once like.... I don't know the hundreds of other fighters that deserve to be in the conversation ahead of Papp.
              Exactly............

Comment

Originally posted by larrys.o.g View Post
                What did he do as a pro?? who did he beat?
                He wasn't allowed to travel to U.S. He beat Jose Torres in the olympics though.

As a pro he beat Tiger Jones who once beat Kid Gavillan.

Comment

Well there is your answer...NO!!!!! there is not even an argument for it
                  Last edited by Larry the boss; 04-03-2016, 09:15 PM.

Comment

So he did nothing in the pros? He beat Tiger Jones when Jones was in his mid 30s and well over the hill, in what I think was one of his final fights. He beat Jose Torres when Torres was a novice amateur in a 3 round bout.

Papp isn't even in the top 100 greatest ever fighters. If you're argument for Papp being one of the greatest ever fighters if that he beat an old over the hill Ralph Jones and a teenage Jose Torres over 3 rounds that's just crazy.

Comment

Working...
                    X