No announcement yet.

Golovkin vs Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
    Martinez. Golovkin was hit every time by that lead left by Proska, imagine Sergio.

Golovkin vs Chavez jr would be more interesting imo. That would be a war.
    Golovkin. Martinez was hit every time by the quick hands of Williams, imagine Gennady.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
      imagine Sergio .. what exactly?

Proksa is a big puncher, probably harder than Sergio or at least very similar. Golovkin isn't gonna get stopped by Sergio.
      Proska was one and done. Hed land one and be so off balance he couldnt land another. Martinez could follow up with multiple shots from the same engagement...hes also faster than proska..and being a bigger puncher is up to debate.

Id like to know what performance youre basing your argument over that Golovkin beats serg. Ill go with the proven product. Golovkin is a beast no doubt, but we'll see when he gets in the ring with better fighters.

King - Key word..quick. Somethings not adding up.

Comment

Martinez please lets not hype Golovkin like people did with Pirog

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
          imagine Sergio .. what exactly?

Proksa is a big puncher, probably harder than Sergio or at least very similar. Golovkin isn't gonna get stopped by Sergio.
          The difference between Proksa and Martinez is timing (only 1 difference of course, since Martinez is a lot more complete than Proksa) Proksa was tagging Golovkin all the time, but his timing isn't the same as Martinez's. Sergio has far better timing, that's why he's able to hurt some guys with shots with good power and perfect timing.

Martinez is also smarter, as he has proved in his last fights. The only time Martinez was stopped was several years ago and it actually was because of the same reason Proksa was stopped today, and that's because he wasn't too smart and he was caught against the ropes several times. Sergio has learned to use his footwork to avoid getting caught against the ropes and to use his waist to absorb some punching power from the other guy.

GGG was great today, but he was pretty bad against Ouma so I still need to see him against even better opposition. Right now for me Martinez takes the fight.

Oh and Williams wasn't going to get stopped against anyone because of his iron chin, and just look at what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            Martinez please lets not hype Golovkin like people did with Pirog
            let's just declare martinez the winner of every fantasy fight against contenders he should fight but doesn't instead.

Comment

The thing about martinez to me is that he's a gimmick fighter and I'm not really sold on him. He has a very unorthodox style that is suited for slow plodding punchers or not technically sound opponents. He doesn't have great power but he does have a great timing on his punches. Don't get me wrong he is a very talented fighter and presents problems to any mw out there, but he takes punches and is off balance a lot. Though I think he would land punches on golovkin I don't think he would hurt him and I think he would take significant damage bc this kid is heavy handed. I go golovkin

Comment

Toss up...

Comment

Golovkin by body Ko.

Comment

Martinez puts in work and dis guy gets to eat his food true a straw for a few weeks.

Comment

I'll take the guy who's beaten good fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X