Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think americans will keep crying about the HW division forever...?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    Lol

everybody in boxing in the united states will tell you otherwise.
    You gonna tell al bernstein he's wrong and should stop crying about it?

talented american big men used to box, dude

they do not any more.

just look at them
    they are not gifted.

the best large athletes in the states no longer box (they play sports like basketball and football,) and this this the worst ever era for american talent at HW

draw some damn conclusions.

you're assuming that all because a guy who is 6'6'' and 260 @ 10% bodyfat can run the 40 in 4.5 translates to boxing glory. . .

Comment

and yes, i would tell al bernstein to stop crying about the fact that two eastern europeans are ruling the division with iron fists. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
        you're assuming that all because a guy who is 6'6'' and 260 @ 10% bodyfat can run the 40 in 4.5 translates to boxing glory. . .

you're saying talent and the lack of it has nothing to due with the level of boxing in the states?

that talent has nothing to do with boxing?

do you even listen to yourself talk?

i'm saying that if the guys in the NFL and the NBA all boxed in their youth instead of playing high level team sports they would turn boxing at HW on its head

can you even imagine a 6'9", 255 lb supreme athlete entering boxing?
        they are all over the NBA

nobody is saying that the average bloke form the NBA could jump into boxing and become a world champion

they are saying that the talent pool is DISMAL in boxing because NONE OF THESE GUYS (big and american) are entering it

go watch some old american HW, please.
        over and over if neccessary. until you fuccking get it.

Comment

and yes, i would tell al bernstein to stop crying about the fact that two eastern europeans are ruling the division with iron fists. . . .

oh lol

i get it now.. at first i thought you were just completely clueless and seriously lacking in mental aptitude for learning

now i think i know what your problem is
          you're "one of those guys"

Comment

lol do you listen to yourself talk! FOOTBALL TALENT IS NOT BOXING TALENT!

You're trying to deduce that because a guy is naturally athletic, and good at football or basketball, that means he would be a good boxer. . . Not how it works

MOREOVER, you're assuming that none of these big athletic guys try their hand at boxing. . . LOL all because there are some big athletic guys who play football and basketball DOES NOT mean there are just these big athletic guys who have TALENT TO BE BOXERS

Comment

You're trying to deduce that because a guy is naturally athletic, and good at football or basketball, that means he would be a good boxer. . . Not how it works

MOREOVER, you're assuming that none of these big athletic guys try their hand at boxing. . . LOL all because there are some big athletic guys who play football and basketball DOES NOT mean there are just these big athletic guys who have TALENT TO BE BOXERS
              Are you serious? Physical talent is physical talent. There's no such thing as "football" or "basketball" talent. An athlete is an athlete, and if even half the physical specimens that play in the NFL or NBA had taken to boxing as kids rather than football or basketball, the heavyweight division would be a different place today. Guys like Arreola and Povetkin and Adamek and Helenius would be completely overmatched by guys that are just athletic freaks in a way they couldn't compete with.

Comment

spoken like somebody who doesnt have an athletic bone in his body and has never been involved with athletics at any stage

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

So you're bitching out in your own thread? You're a joke my man, just like the heavyweight division!
                  Hahaha, what a joker you are. When you stop with your subjective arguments and actually bring something objective to the table, there will be something to discuss with you. Until then, I'll just keep laughing at you, keep it up, you're good for that if nothing else

Comment

dude...
                    what don't you get?

european football (soccer over here) players are not exclusively HW
                    in fact, id guess that there are very few who are HW

the rim in the NBA is ten feet off of the ground

guys in the champions league, world cup, high level club teams, are all amazing athletes and would certainly affect the talent pool in boxing

but THEY ARENT ALL HEAVYWEIGHTS!
                    the AVERAGE player,
                    the AVERAGE player in the NBA is 6'9" tall and well over 200 lbs.

do you understand that?

the AVERAGE player in the NFL is 6'2-6'3
                    guys in the NFL go from about 185 lbs to well over 300.
                    they are some of the most durable men on the planet. not every position in american football is athletic, but the ones that are usually feature guys that are unbelievably fast and coordinated, more than anybody in the division currently in america.
                    the only guys that arent HW are kickers.

every once in a while you'd find a cornerback who would box as a LHW, but for the most part a guy that small is too little to play in the NFL and will get badly injured.

if you dont have a sturdy chin and arent tough as **** and born with physical gifts in terms of your durability you cant make it into the NFL
                    and if you somehow do you'll probably have a very short career from the beating you take. in other words, the nature of hte NFL excludes people without the mental makeup neccessary to box

hell, tommy Z had a very good amateur career and he's on the low end in terms of athetic quaility in the nfl and one of the smallest. he's a cruiserweight at the lowest.

The guy I quoted was explicitly talking about the weight divisions below HW. I guess you agree with me then that Messi would whoop Mayweather had he choosen boxing then?

BTW you can save all the hyperbole about NFL athletes that are OMG the most athletic in the world, that **** doesn't matter outside of the USA I'm afraid.

Comment

dude...
                      what don't you get?

european football (soccer over here) players are not exclusively HW
                      in fact, id guess that there are very few who are HW

the rim in the NBA is ten feet off of the ground

guys in the champions league, world cup, high level club teams, are all amazing athletes and would certainly affect the talent pool in boxing

but THEY ARENT ALL HEAVYWEIGHTS!
                      the AVERAGE player,
                      the AVERAGE player in the NBA is 6'9" tall and well over 200 lbs.

do you understand that?

the AVERAGE player in the NFL is 6'2-6'3
                      guys in the NFL go from about 185 lbs to well over 300.
                      they are some of the most durable men on the planet. not every position in american football is athletic, but the ones that are usually feature guys that are unbelievably fast and coordinated, more than anybody in the division currently in america.
                      the only guys that arent HW are kickers.

every once in a while you'd find a cornerback who would box as a LHW, but for the most part a guy that small is too little to play in the NFL and will get badly injured.

if you dont have a sturdy chin and arent tough as **** and born with physical gifts in terms of your durability you cant make it into the NFL
                      and if you somehow do you'll probably have a very short career from the beating you take. in other words, the nature of hte NFL excludes people without the mental makeup neccessary to box

hell, tommy Z had a very good amateur career and he's on the low end in terms of athetic quaility in the nfl and one of the smallest. he's a cruiserweight at the lowest.
                      You have some good points but Europeans do go into other Sports too like Strength sports, Ice Hockey, Rugby, Basketball, Wrestling, Soccer. Also some bigger Soccer players might be able to bulk up to heavyweight consider that too.

I agree that definitely the heavyweight division can be better but the Klitschkos are great Boxers

Comment

Working...
                      X