No announcement yet.

Recommend me a book...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a book...

I havent got anything to read at the moment so if you could could recommend me a good book I'd be grateful. I'm not fussed as to what genre or whatever, just as long as its well written and a good story.

Recommend away...thankyou

Originally posted by TheGrimeyLimey
    I havent got anything to read at the moment so if you could could recommend me a good book I'd be grateful. I'm not fussed as to what genre or whatever, just as long as its well written and a good story.

be a little specific about what kinds of things you usually like to read. i am an avid reader and read about 25 novels a year. lol!

Comment

"Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West" by Gregory McGuire

Great spin on the Wizard of Oz from the Witch's point of view. Well written, witty, and very creative, IMO. One of the most entertaining works of fiction I've ever read.

Comment

robert fulghum

Comment

Originally posted by * Fiesty Wench
          be a little specific about what kinds of things you usually like to read. i am an avid reader and read about 25 novels a year. lol!
          Ok I'm not really into horror or steven king or trashy romance books or **** like that...erm the last few books I've read have been The Glass Palace by Amitav Ghosh, Gorky Park by Martin Cruz Smith and The Time Travellers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger and I really loved those 3 books, if that gives you any kind of idea of what I like. Like I said I'm not too fussed about genre as long as its a gripping story and well written.

Hope that helps.

Comment

How about this book?

Teddy atlas's book..

From the streets to the ring.

I got it.. It's a good book. Haven't read in like a week cause i been doing mad ****.. But ima read it later on...

Good book by the way...

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG
              "Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West" by Gregory McGuire

Great spin on the Wizard of Oz from the Witch's point of view. Well written, witty, and very creative, IMO. One of the most entertaining works of fiction I've ever read.
              Sounds good. I'll check that out...thanks.

And the teddy atlas one...I've read a few boxing books recently and im not really looking to get another one or anything non-fiction at the moment. Teddy Atlas is an interesting guy though so I might get it at some point...thanks.

Comment

Ok I'm not really into horror or steven king or trashy romance books or **** like that...erm the last few books I've read have been The Glass Palace by Amitav Ghosh, Gorky Park by Martin Cruz Smith and The Time Travellers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger and I really loved those 3 books, if that gives you any kind of idea of what I like. Like I said I'm not too fussed about genre as long as its a gripping story and well written.

Hope that helps.
                i read time travelers wife. it was a cool concept.
                it made time travel seem not so glamorous.
                i thought it was cool that his daughter was able to asee him after he died because he had went into the future when he was younger.

Comment

Angels & Demons by Dan Brown was really good, IMO.
                  although it involves religion to some extent, it was more about stopping this antimatter bomb. it was a fast-paced, suspense book and very unpredicatble. it was a very good read.

Comment

Originally posted by * Fiesty Wench
                    i read time travelers wife. it was a cool concept.
                    it made time travel seem not so glamorous.
                    i thought it was cool that his daughter was able to asee him after he died because he had went into the future when he was younger.
                    Yeah my mate recommended it to me and i thought it was gonna be a bit cheesy but it was really original and quite a moving story. I felt sad for Clare when Henry died and you're right, the daughter seeing him after he died was a nice touch.

Apparently they're gonna make it into a film so I'm looking forward to seeing that.

Comment

Working...
                    X