Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Andre Ward's ticket sales and (forced) inactivity the only critique to his career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Andre Ward's ticket sales and (forced) inactivity the only critique to his career

I mean, those are literally the only two things that are brought up by Ward detractors. They don't seem to have any other content to attack him with. His ticket sales (which have nothing to do with his fighting ability) and his inactivity to which was forced upon him due to legal stuff.

What other bad things can you really say about the man? He's had an illustrious career so far and it's only getting better. After he beats Kovalev he'll be #1 and at the top of the sport once again.

I like Ward as a person, he's a damn good fighter.. Can be boring and dirty at times but he's definitely better than Wlad and rigondeaux.

His inactivity, diva antics, and style is why most dislike him.

If ward beats Kovalev no doubt about it that he'll be number 1 and vise versa

Comment

Originally posted by Bronze Bomber View Post
      I like Ward as a person, he's a damn good fighter.. Can be boring and dirty at times but he's definitely better than Wlad and rigondeaux.

His inactivity, diva antics, and style is why most dislike him.

If ward beats Kovalev no doubt about it that he'll be number 1 and vise versa
      What diva antics though? If he wanted to pursue diva antics he would have joined Haymon where all of the fighters are talking about A-side this, B-side that.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
        What diva antics though? If he wanted to pursue diva antics he would have joined Haymon where all of the fighters are talking about A-side this, B-side that.
        There's much more I'm sure but like him trying to fight some not even rated bum fro SMW at LHW was truly absurd. Glad he's fighting Barrera now.. Let's see if he fights kovalev without any issues

Comment

There's much more I'm sure but like him trying to fight some not even rated bum fro SMW at LHW was truly absurd. Glad he's fighting Barrera now.. Let's see if he fights kovalev without any issues
          Yup. Let's see.

Comment

You nailed it. Those are the only 2 ways he can criticised, but that's more a fabrication because he has valid reasons and no one can remotely doubt his boxing credentials. The man has so much raw talent I don't even believe it's going to be a competitive fight when he faces Kovalev. That man's primitive compared to what Ward can do in the ring.

Comment

The hugging.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
                You nailed it. Those are the only 2 ways he can criticised, but that's more a fabrication because he has valid reasons and no one can remotely doubt his boxing credentials. The man has so much raw talent I don't even believe it's going to be a competitive fight when he faces Kovalev. That man's primitive compared to what Ward can do in the ring.
                And like you fully expected master Hopkins to school this "caveman" Gtfoh

Ward fought no one near as powerful as him

Comment

Yep....they can't relate..it's hard to discredit someone with his resume and so few fights....some people like good losers. The kid hasn't lost since I was in middle school n I'm 30. They butthurt cause he beat someone they like....type non stop b!thing

Comment

And like you fully expected master Hopkins to school this "caveman" Gtfoh

Ward fought no one near as powerful as him
                    Hopkins was 180 years old. Ward is too slick for Kovalev, and yes I used the word slick.

Comment

Working...
                    X