No announcement yet.

117-111... and the Punch Stats LOL

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigZigga View Post
    I never trust punch stats honestly. And in this fight Floyd was the one who landed the much cleaner punches. Floyd was never hurt. Marcos was several times. People let their bias blind them
    Maidana was hurt? Lol, no.

Comment

I never trust punch stats honestly. And in this fight Floyd was the one who landed the much cleaner punches. Floyd was never hurt. Marcos was several times. People let their bias blind them
      Clearly you're one of them, Maidana hurt several times? gtfo.

Comment

Yeah, that's exactly what you are doing, I have no problem with Mayweather getting the decision but the fight was close.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          Seriously man, that fight last night was mad close, a draw or a point or 2 victory for Mayweather but a victory scored 9-3?? Somebody was

This isn't about the fight itself but more about the extreme bias of the Showtime production team and the promoters and managers involved in putting this together. It was bloody ridiculous, like Paulie said "That judge must have been watching a different fight".

And those punch stats were ridiculous woooow

Just look at that again, there's punch stats and then there's what we see with our own eyes, this was ridiculous, no matter what Maidana would have done, he was not going to win a decision. Some fools complain about Germany but damn Vegas is dodgy.
          Let me console a fellow history section denizen:

All I can say is "it is the price we pay for being boxing fans." You are quite right and I would be willing to bet my left nut that regardless of the fight there was no way Chino wins a decision....no way no how.

There are so many things that are ridiculous....the punch stat numbers, the fact that Chino was not allowed to work inside, the fact that judges aparently don't count body punches....the glove fiasco. What can one say?

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
            Maidana was hurt? Lol, no.

he was definitely shaken up on a few occasions. floyd himself looked a bit shaken in spots. it was a high contact fight.

both guys landed a lot of body shots, clinched a lot, and wore down.

117-111 is a joke. this was a close fight. i thought mayweather really started to turn things around in the 6th. i didn't score the fight, and was absolutely sloshed, but it was close.

Comment

huge props to floyd for glove gate. that may have saved the fight.

Comment

I never trust punch stats honestly. And in this fight Floyd was the one who landed the much cleaner punches. Marcos was never hurt. Floyd was several times. People let their bias blind them
                I fixed your post , the names were in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                  Seriously man, that fight last night was mad close, a draw or a point or 2 victory for Mayweather but a victory scored 9-3?? Somebody was

This isn't about the fight itself but more about the extreme bias of the Showtime production team and the promoters and managers involved in putting this together. It was bloody ridiculous, like Paulie said "That judge must have been watching a different fight".

And those punch stats were ridiculous woooow

Just look at that again, there's punch stats and then there's what we see with our own eyes, this was ridiculous, no matter what Maidana would have done, he was not going to win a decision. Some fools complain about Germany but damn Vegas is dodgy.
                  I had it 7-5 Floyd. Those stats underscore my card as correct. He was much more accurate and even landed more. Maidana missed a lot as his connect rates show.

Money is #1 for a reason.

Comment

Punch stats are wildly inaccurate so I wouldn't pay any attention to them. But 117-111 is farcical. That was a 7-5 fight or a draw. Amazed at how well Chino did. He took Floyd's shots far better than I expected. Just a shame about that poor stamina.

Comment

The 9-3 scorecard is insulting to Maidana.

Comment

Working...
                      X