Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Mayweather is helping Boxing, asking for these tests?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A cleaner sport is a better sport. With that said, I don't agree with the way things were done. By going about cleaning up the sport the way he did, Floyd has actually tarnished it in the meantime. Now you got people questioning the legitimacy of boxing's top fighters. In the end, though, yes, the sport would be better with additional tests.

Comment

If floyd was serious about this then i would have to say yes, buy he isn't, this test was only for himself because he use it as an excuse to duck a fight that everybody wanted to see that could make boxing back to the top, and what he done is he destroyed the boxing itself by not making the fight that we all want to see because of his fear of losing his beloved 0.

Comment

This has been pretty bad for boxing. By insinuating that Pacquiao's achievements were only possible because of PEDs, he has cast a huge black cloud over the accomplishments of many other great fighters, and by calling out to the world that testing for PEDs is not adequate and stipulating his own testing rules, he's implying that many other current fighters are probably on something because the commission doesn't test properly.

He may not be intending to say that, but those are the only logical conclusions from his initial arguments.

He should have taken this to the relevant commissions, but the commissions don't pay his bills, the fans do, and the more controversial he can be, the more people pay to watch him. Mayweather couldn't care less about boxing, he'll do whatever it takes and defame whoever he needs to in order to maximize his income.

Comment

Floyd is certainly doing a good thing

Comment

I think he's bringing the sport of boxing into disrepute and I'm surprised NSAC haven't done anything about it to be honest.

What happened to all the 40 fights he had before? Are they not valid anymore because he himself and all his opponents could have been on drugs.

The whole thing is utterly ludicrous. Can anyone imagine a Usain Bolt race being jeopardized because an opponent was suspicious of his speed, and was demanding extra-curricular blood tests *of his own choosing*?

Can anyone imagine a golf tournament being endangered because other golfers were suspicious of Tiger Wood's swing and demanded blood test.

Can anyone imagine a Rafael Nadal tennis match being endangered because his opponent was suspicious of the size of his bicep, and was demanding special blood tests before he agreed to play?

It's a total farce, and shows boxing in the light of something more akin to WWE wrestling than a serious competitive sport.

Comment

Working...
            X