No announcement yet.

Training while sick?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

train as much as you can w/out over doing

it really depends how sick you feel, if I have a cold and a cough with no fever then I train like I normally do, only when i have a fever and body aches is when i don't train.

What I have found is that i get over my sickness faster, I was surprised to see so many say to rest. If you try it you will notice that you will be able to breathe better by the time you are finished with your training for the day.

You see, you get your blood pumping, more oxygen and nutrients to your body and that helps your immune system. IMO.

Comment

Ive been ill this last week with a virus/mini flu sort of thing, Ive taken the whole week off training except some light skipping, feeling better now still coughing a bit though

Comment

Originally posted by RayDiggle View Post
        Lol I didn't go, no worries. And ye, that did occur to me too.
        Yea, rest is important. Better to take a day off and rest then keep going and get even sicker and then have to miss several days. But that's your choice. I just don't like when people are in the gym sniffing and sneezing everywhere.

Comment

Rest and come back, with A VENGEANCE.

Comment

I currently have a full body ache, headaches, and phlegms.

There is no way in hell I am entering a ring or going out for a run in those symptoms.

Comment

Originally posted by raydiggle View Post
              is it a good idea? I just got a cold, nothing overly major, but it does give me coughs and i have a constant stream of sniffles going as well. I don't think i'll be heading to the gym today, although if i miss today, i'll basically be missing 4 days of training straight (today, then sat/sun when i usually don't go, and monday for thanksgiving). Should i go regardless, or is it better to wait out the cold?
              i don't know if its a good idea but i feel better while i'm working out .guess it opens you up

Comment

I would defintley take a rest for a day or two .Your health is most important.

Comment

just rest... bad for heart

Comment

I take it easy. Like right now, i got a cold, yesterday i trained anyway and i felt like ****, so today i'm taking it off, probably wont train tommorow even if i feel better.

Comment

Working...
                    X