Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does a prime Miguel Cotto do in today's welterweight division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
    Monstrous like Michael Myers. You think you've hurt him, you think he's finally gone down. Only he gets back up and destroys you.
    or maybe it was because torres took the fight on short notice and wasn't in shape and gassed?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      or maybe it was because torres took the fight on short notice and wasn't in shape and gassed?
      Sounds like excuses. Fighters should always stay in shape. You can say Cotto didn't gameplan for last minute undefeated fighter from Columbia. He didn't realize the guy could punch. Gets caught by a big one. Happens to the best of them.

In reality though...

Man with nothing to lose lands wild Haymaker, can't finish the job. Subsequently gets KD'd then KO'd.

Comment

Sounds like excuses. Fighters should always stay in shape. You can say Cotto didn't gameplan for last minute undefeated fighter from Columbia. He didn't realize the guy could punch. Gets caught by a big one. Happens to the best of them.

In reality though...

Man with nothing to lose lands wild Haymaker, can't finish the job. Subsequently gets KD'd then KO'd.
        man....

cotto gasses out when he got he has 12 week training camp.

yet torres taking fight on like 2 weeks notice.....

Comment

Only thing Judah ever exposed was his low boxing IQ and crappy stamina.

Plastercheato's whole career is a sham. No point bringing him up for anything. Without his specialty plaster gloves he was nothing. KTFO by Sugar Shane Oldsley.
          I wouldn't doubt that Shane Roidsley was on Roids that night; the dude is a known cheat. Your maricon god will always be a bum no matter what. Talk crap about Judah, but he was beating that ass. Kneeguel had to low blow Judah all night just to slow him down. Low IQ or not, but Judah exposed the bum, then MarGODito took his soul.

He hasn't done **** but fight cripples. Just look at all his '"big" fights... he lost all of them, including to Clottey and Mosley (Im sure Mosley was roided that night, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            man....

cotto gasses out when he got he has 12 week training camp.

yet torres taking fight on like 2 weeks notice.....
            Cotto was on that chicken and pizza diet. He's always been a bit fluffy.

Torres was not even close mang. He landed a good one, but blew his load trying to land a second. Happens to a lot of guys in the hurt game.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTainoCanelo View Post
              I wouldn't doubt that Shane Roidsley was on Roids that night; the dude is a known cheat. Your maricon god will always be a bum no matter what. Talk crap about Judah, but he was beating that ass. Kneeguel had to low blow Judah all night just to slow him down. Low IQ or not, but Judah exposed the bum, then MarGODito took his soul.

He hasn't done **** but fight cripples. Just look at all his '"big" fights... he lost all of them, including to Clottey and Mosley (Im sure Mosley was roided that night, too.
              Too bad we're talking about young, prime Cotto. Cotto started on his decline when YOUR god Plastercheato, first of his name, lord of the home depot, protector of walls and ceilings, decided he needed to remodel his gloves to win at boxing.

Sugar Shane ROIDsley knows he lost to Cotto and admits to losing that fight. If he can admit defeat then why can't you?

Comment

I think he beats everyone apart from maybe Floyd, which I think is a 50/50 as Floyd has slipped.

I think he beats Pacquiao, I think he knocks Pac out...hear me out.

I always put that as Pacquiao's greatest performance, and I think most agree that given the opponent and the domination he was simply phenomenal that night, the kind of stuff legends are made of. I think though the fight was really finely balanced in the first 4 rounds, but sometimes small details amount to a big result. Pacquiao was a whirlwind at the absolute pinnacle of his career. I think Cotto was in a slump, and he didn't have a corner. Cotto hurt Pacquiao several times in that fight, it wasn't that obvious but he did, he just didn't have any confidence to follow up, Pacquiao knocked it out of him, and when he was hurt he hid it well, and to be fair Pac always came back and landed with more effect. He had the far superior corner thus a much better game plan. I think the mistake every fighter from David Diaz up made was thinking Pacquiao was a small dude who couldn't punch or fight moving back and they could bully and KO him. They all - either went forward into his punches, straight into his wheelhouse, or they stood in front of him, Cotto did a mixture of both in the first 6 rounds, these are the scenarios where Pacquiao absolutely shines. If you do either of these things, doesn't matter who you are, you will get chewed up and spit out.

Because everyone was mesmerised by what Pac was doing at the time, he was still perceived as a small man, and it almost put pressure on the bigger fighter to fight the wrong fight, this is of course my opinion and based on assumption, but I feel this strongly. I think had Cotto known that he could be hit and hurt like he was he would fight a different fight. I think he would use his jab and move to his left, and use movement and make Pac reach. I think he would box and counter and this would enable opportunities in the second half of the fight. I have always thought a smart Cotto on his game would beat Pac, I think he hits too hard for him. Pacauiao's chin is not what people think, it is solid for a featherweight/lightweight but he is vulnerable above that. The thing he is extremely underrated at is as he has gone through the weights the bigger guys in general are that bit slower but Pac became really adept at not getting hit with shots he didn't see. I think that is why he sometimes rests on the ropes and lets a fighter punch themselves out a bit, because he will not get Ko'd with those shots. He is smarter than he is give credit for.

Anyway i know I will be in the minority but I have reasons for my choice.

Comment

Working...
                X