No announcement yet.

Most skilled of the Fabulous Four?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most skilled of the Fabulous Four?

These guys are pretty well rounded, but who was the most technically skilled out of Duran, Leonard, Hearns and Hagler? If you take away their gifts (ex: Leonard's speed, Hagler's chin etc) who would be the most successful?

Originally posted by Nagabilly View Post
    These guys are pretty well rounded, but who was the most technically skilled out of Duran, Leonard, Hearns and Hagler? If you take away their gifts (ex: Leonard's speed, Hagler's chin etc) who would be the most successful?

roberto duran.

he gave his gifts up to fight bigger men. at LW he was pretty damn quick, had lead in either glove, and a rock solid beard.

Comment

yes I would go with duran also but thats no knock against the other 3 there total group of fights were easily some of the most intreging in any era.

Comment

Duran's the toughest, with Hagler right up there too. I lean towards Leonard because of his speed and ring smarts and psychology. He was able to get all his demands met and waited for the right time to fight Hagler and got into Duran's head and picked the right time to fight him as well. As a fighter, I'd say I like Hagler the most because, like Duran and Hearns, didn't duck anybody and fought people or wanted to fight them when they were contenders and at their best.

I hear this crap like with the last Donaire fight and how he wants to wait to fight Rigondeaux. A guy like Hagler would go right for the top contenders and any belt holders, not wait around, same for Duran and Hearns, they wanted to fight the best.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          roberto duran.

he gave his gifts up to fight bigger men. at LW he was pretty damn quick, had lead in either glove, and a rock solid beard.
          This and more. He was maybe the most skilled in-fighter in history; extremely difficult to catch clean when he got going. And he could box too. He was able to play counter puncher with Hagler to make that fight intriguing. His timing was impeccable at his best. Anyone who hasn't seen it, watch his fight with Palomino. Incredible skill level.

Comment

Roberto Duran. No doubt. Complete offensively and defensively.

Think about the Barkley fight for a minute. Now close your eyes, and think of De Jesus 3.

This is what I am talking about. It is the same fighter!

2) SRL or Hagler, can't pick easily and have to go
            4) Hearns

Comment

Just weighin'-in...

<- "A picture is worth a thousand words."*

*For 'a thousand' words, see preceding posts.

Comment

Duran- number one
                Hagler- number two
                Leonard- a close three

Hearns had a great right hand but his defense and stamina wasn't like theres. He did more with less and thats how he's in this group, big heart! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
                  Roberto Duran. No doubt. Complete offensively and defensively.

Think about the Barkley fight for a minute. Now close your eyes, and think of De Jesus 3.

This is what I am talking about. It is the same fighter!

2) SRL or Hagler, can't pick easily and have to go
                  4) Hearns
                  I agree with this list.

Comment

Duran. One of the most versatile fighters the sport ever saw. Maybe the most versatile, period.

Comment

Working...
                    X