Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jermaine Taylor vs Roy Jones Jr. who would win now at 170 pounds?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CastorTroy View Post
    Serious topic, styles make fights. Is there anything that roy still does that would give taylor problems, is there anything taylor does that would give roy problems?
    I think Taylor would knock Roy out at this stage. He's got decent speed and decent pop. If Tarver could, Taylor would to.

Comment

Originally posted by CastorTroy View Post
      For some reason I think its an interesting match up, I wish they could have fought each other in there primes. But Roy is probably done, Taylor is a very good fighter but for some reason he fought Pavliks fight and lost twice to Pavlik. I don't know why, Pavlik is probably the last kind of fighter I would think Taylor would lose to.
      Pavlik is better than he looks. It is all about rhythm. Hopkins knows that,Taylor didn't. If you notice Bernard never let Pavlik set up. Every time Kelly would let off his jab,he would throw a flurry to reset the Ghosts rhythm. Taylor had the right game plan in the begininng when he played the aggressor but later on he gave Pavlik the time to think and set his punches up.

Comment

roy is shot...taylor by ko

Comment

I know Roy is done,but I dont know if Taylor has it in him to beat Roy,Id like to see what he does in 09!!

Comment

The same Roy that got knocked out by Tarver and Glen Jonhson, and is even worse since then??? Taylor by Ko...

Comment

Taylor wins.......................................

Comment

Got Taylor by UD, but a KO is not out of the question either...

Taylor would have to be careful of Roy's lead rights early in the fight, though.

As much as this would be an interesting fight to watch from the perspective of a Taylor fan, I'd rather see him going after the title holders at 168.

Comment

Roy is shot and can't beat anyone even half-decent at 168 or 175. How do you think he lost to Calzaghe?

Comment

Good god.

Taylor obviously.

Comment

taylor by stoppage. roy is too shot and has the reflexes of a snail. love him to death but taylors my guy!

Comment

Working...
                      X