No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs Maidana II POST FIGHT DISCUSSION

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
    Anyone know who Maidana has been sparring?
    Steve Forbes has said he has sparred with Maidana this time also.

Comment

• Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
      Steve Forbes has said he has sparred with Maidana this time also.
      Will Floyd be ready for those sledgehammer fists?

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        Will Floyd be ready for those sledgehammer fists?
        Sept 13th you will see

Comment

• Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
          Anyone know who Maidana has been sparring?
          Forbes, mikey garcia, and dulorme

Comment

• Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
            There is no way that Maidana wins a decision especially if there have been rumors of Mayweather-Pacquiao in May 2015
            have you already forgotten the scorecards for floyd's last two fights? seems like if there's a robbery floyd is more likely to be on the wrong end of it.

Comment

• This is going to be the easiest flucking fight of Floyds Career since maybe the late 1990s.

1. Mentally Floyd already had the skills advantage in the first fight, that skill gap is just going to widen now that Floyd has 12 rounds of data to go by going into the sequel.

2. Emotionally Floyd is the one with the chip on his shoulder with all the negative press while Madaina is being coddled and basking in his own glow of "Winning the Event".recipe for disaster

3. Physically...an Active Floyd, is a scary Floyd. Last year when he fought 4 months apart he made an A class opponent like Canelo look like a damn sparring partner. The cards are so heavily stacked in Floyds favor, Madaina might need to lobby for Brass knuckles to make it a fair fight..

Comment

• Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                This is going to be the easiest flucking fight of Floyds Career since maybe the late 1990s.

1. Mentally Floyd already had the skills advantage in the first fight, that skill gap is just going to widen now that Floyd has 12 rounds of data to go by going into the sequel.

2. Emotionally Floyd is the one with the chip on his shoulder with all the negative press while Madaina is being coddled and basking in his own glow of "Winning the Event".recipe for disaster

3. Physically...an Active Floyd, is a scary Floyd. Last year when he fought 4 months apart he made an A class opponent like Canelo look like a damn sparring partner. The cards are so heavily stacked in Floyds favor, Madaina might need to lobby for Brass knuckles to make it a fair fight..

This ain't a bad post.

But I'd edit it:

1. Mentally: Floyd had a slight edge in the first fight. The twelve rounds of 'data' may or may not help. Data is useless if blood is spilling into your eyes and mouth(Floyd going, 'I can't see.. I can't see' from the first fight.) Floyd will be hurt and breathing hard by round 6 so.... he won't Rigondeaux around anywhere. Staying in the pocket and using his 'data' won't keep him from getting worked over. Again. I still give Floyd a mental edge because Marcos is saying that Floyd is not that good and can't punch meaning Marcos is sounding like he could get sloppy going in. Chino being anxious, ironically, might have made him a better boxer in the first fight, overcrowding him in the early rounds and outfeinting/outjabbing him(I know, I know, only at times) in the later rounds. Nervous Maidana might've been mentally better- we'll see.

2. Emotionally: It's not about emotions. Emotions are for when they announce the scorecards and Jim Gray asks you a question that you don't listen to. And you eat a cookie.

3. Physically: massive edge to Chino. Have you seen the training footage recently? I think a 2007 Floyd that would've fought 4 times a year could've beat a 2014 Golovkin, 2012 Kirkland and so and so on. This Floyd has no physical edge on a prime Maidana. Prime Maidana is > than a Prime Mayorga(IMO)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcSbv6Ufiig#t=03m57s

Comment

• LEGEND DURAN!

Roberto Duran "Mayweather lost the 1st fight! They gave it to him!" talks Mayweather vs. Maidana 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNLaJ-0lXyw

Comment

• "madonna only has a puncher's chance! his gloves are a danger to ma healf doe"

hope chino pulls off the upset, get this trifling ass diva the **** outta here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Syf View Post
                      Forbes, mikey garcia, and dulorme
                      Cant ask for better sparring than that!!

Comment

Working...
                      X