No announcement yet.

Pacquiao losing his killer edge?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    lol, mannys just about done. i wonder if ppl realize this. hes not who he used to be. hasnt been for a long time.
    It was the Margarito fight. It's hard to believe because of the beating Pac put on Margarito, but that was the fight where Pac's killer instinct seemed to have died. Since then he hasn't looked the same at all, mentally or physically.

Comment

If guys don't obliege him he has a much harder time, that is something that goes way back. I have heard this from some fan so it could be true but I need to see him against a guy that will fight him more straight up, to really decide.

The bad part is Bradley really isn't that guy, so this belief is only going to pick up steam going forward IMO

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        If guys don't obliege him he has a much harder time, that is something that goes way back. I have heard this from some fan so it could be true but I need to see him against a guy that will fight him more straight up, to really decide.

The bad part is Bradley really isn't that guy, so this belief is only going to pick up steam going forward IMO
        Margarito was tailor made for Pac, and Pac let him off the hook. 2009 Pacquiao isn't holding back punishment because he already dealt too much. That's where you could see the killer instinct wasn't there.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Margarito was tailor made for Pac, and Pac let him off the hook. 2009 Pacquiao isn't holding back punishment because he already dealt too much. That's where you could see the killer instinct wasn't there.
          He beat him bad though, now maybe he thought about "I might just kill this dude" and that really made him think which isn't a good thing for a prize fighter.

I don't think that is the full story though because the fights that took place after were against dudes that didn't obliege him and that has always been an issue especially when it comes to how he looks in the ring.

It is a possibility currently, but right now I don't think it is a sure thing although I think these calls will only get louder because Bradley isn't going to fight him in a straight up battle.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            He beat him bad though, now maybe he thought about "I might just kill this dude" and that really made him think which isn't a good thing for a prize fighter.

I don't think that is the full story though because the fights that took place after were against dudes that didn't obliege him and that has always been an issue especially when it comes to how he looks in the ring.

It is a possibility currently, but right now I don't think it is a sure thing although I think these calls will only get louder because Bradley isn't going to fight him in a straight up battle.
            Cotto ran from him though, much the same as Mosley, and Pac put a beating on him. Those just looked like two different guys in the ring to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin'J View Post
              He got tamed, he ain't wild no more.
              It's his political ambitions that "tamed" him...
              Before he ran for office, he couldn't give two ****s about what he does, ****s every actress he co-stars with.
              Now he wants to buddy up with the Catholic church and is overly concerned of public criticisms.

He shouldn't have ran for office when he did, it's not like he is old or anything. He could have waited 'till he is completely retired from boxing.
              But then again, he wanted to use his boxing popularity to win the election.

Comment

he sure has...after almost 60 fights and all that money, it would be hard to maintain

add the religious influence...we could be seeing a tamed PAC for the rest of his career...how ever long that is

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Cotto ran from him though, much the same as Mosley, and Pac put a beating on him. Those just looked like two different guys in the ring to me.
                  When Cotto ran that fight really dropped off, Manny got frusterated.

I guess he did a better job on Cotto but not to the point where I would put that on Manny really I would put that down to difference between Mosley and Cotto.

Mosley is not the greatest technical boxer but he is a hard guy to beat down, Cotto on the other hand once he gets forced back his ability level goes way down.

TBH I expected more out of Manny once he forced Cotto back like that, I didn't think he would have a problem stopping him.

Comment

he hasnt lost it yet but its getting there. as a pac fan i'll be lying if i say he hasnt lost some of it. age plays a factor in this and also manny's political career choice is also a big part of taking the fire away.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                      he tends to "lose his edge" whenever his oponents use some lateral movement, to the left in particular. losing his killer instinct aint got shiet to do with it. if he carried someone you could make a case for it, not bcuz he couldnt get himself in position to land on a regular basis in his last two fights.
                      I believe he carried Marg in the later rounds. I recall a few rounds where he seemed to talk to marg is something.

As for killer instinct, PAC did show some bs mosely, when he got a ****ty kd agains him, he went mad and chased mosely.

That type of pac was a glimpse of how he use to be.

Comment

Working...
                      X