No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia’s Holiday Sacrifices A Family Affair

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia’s Holiday Sacrifices A Family Affair

By Jake Donovan - There is good and bad in any family business, especially when that business is family in a prize figher’s corner.

Given the journey he’s been forced to endure on the path to his first major title shot, Miguel Angel ‘Mikey’ Garcia knows that the good definitely outweighs the bad in having his family along for the ride.

Saturday’s title challenge against Orlando Salido is an opportunity more than a year in the making, but more specifically a fight that’s been in queue for several months. The two were supposed to tangle in Las Vegas last November. Win, lose or draw, Garcia could have enjoyed the finer things in life in the aftermath while ringing in the New Year.

All he enjoyed instead was more time in the gym preparing for his crack at Salido. He wouldn’t have it any other way.

“I feel more excited than anything else. I know it’s been a while to come to fruition, but it’s been worth it,” insists Garcia (30-0, 26KO). “I’m excited to get this opportunity.” [Click Here To Read More]

eating fish and chicken is a sacrifice? i guess no sex is tougher unless they allow jerking off. ridiculous article, like the guy hasn't been eating all the time. Smell Bob Arum propaganda
    War Salido..get rid of this guy..

Comment

worse written aritcle ever LOL. was just like one long run on sentence.

Comment

It's a family affair - minus the other Garcia brother.

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
          eating fish and chicken is a sacrifice? i guess no sex is tougher unless they allow jerking off. ridiculous article, like the guy hasn't been eating all the time. Smell Bob Arum propaganda
          War Salido..get rid of this guy..
          It is a sacrifice, idiot. Latino families tend to eat and drink like maniacs all kinds of foods, including ethnic foods that you can't even pronounce. Eating fish without our seasoning sucks

Comment

Working...
          X