No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao-Juan Manuel Marquez: Pre-Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao-Juan Manuel Marquez: Pre-Report Card

by Cliff Rold - Here we go again. It took four years to get the rematch after their epic first encounter and three and change to get a third. Only one year has passed to reach the precipice of a finale.

Or the build for a fifth fight.

Let’s hope for the former. In an era where fighters rarely fight more than twice a year, four fights feels like a lot. This isn’t the Israel Vazquez-Rafael Marquez fourth of a couple years ago. That was a case where two fighters below the superstar earning line went with the only place they could realistically make top dollar at the time. Marquez and Pacquiao can get paid other places.

Few play as well with them as they do with each other. Despite some groans and derision from the hardcore faithful, this is a winner at the box office. Three times, it’s been a winner in the ring.

Seriously, what is there to complain about? Two of the greatest fighters who have ever laced gloves, in any generation; two fighters who are likely to be rated upon their retirement with the elite 100 all-time; two fighters of genuine elite caliber with an unresolved issue. [Click Here To Read More]

Thanks for the write up Cliff. I always enjoy your predictions leading up to the fight. We also agree on this one, although I think (with fair judging) Marquez wins the decision outright. I think taking into account the age of both men and an obvious decline in both that skill and fundamentals hold up better than superhuman speed and explosiveness.

Comment

cliffy...no nail biter. JMM clearly wins again.

Comment

pacquiao is pretty much ahead in every department according to this article's assesment, no wonder the betting odds are 3-1, come fight night, history will be made and if someone gets knocked out, one of them will surely retire for good, both fighter and trainer. can't wait for tomorrow, yipee kayay mothafucka
        Last edited by Fighting_Pride; 12-08-2012, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Man, this is what boxing is all about. Look at all the champions these dudes have faced, 14 & 17. That is ridiculous. These two guys are boxing giants. I have goosebumps and jitters already, I always get nervous when my favorite fighters fight. The only active ones, really, are Morales, Marquez, & Mayweather. I mean nervous in the sense that you want to see them come out safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
            Man, this is what boxing is all about. Look at all the champions these dudes have faced, 14 & 17. That is ridiculous. These two guys are boxing giants. I have goosebumps and jitters already, I always get nervous when my favorite fighters fight. The only active ones, really, are Morales, Marquez, & Mayweather. I mean nervous in the sense that you want to see them come out safe.
            I always get nerves before a big fight. It's a great feeling knowing what memories you are about to make.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
              Thanks for the write up Cliff. I always enjoy your predictions leading up to the fight. We also agree on this one, although I think (with fair judging) Marquez wins the decision outright. I think taking into account the age of both men and an obvious decline in both that skill and fundamentals hold up better than superhuman speed and explosiveness.
              Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
              cliffy...no nail biter. JMM clearly wins again.
              cliff got the last fight for pacquaio, just sayin ...to say it was a robbery or jmm won clealry is idiocy...

Comment

jmm got great skills no doubt about it ...but i dont consider him great becuase his resume is weak, very weak to be an atg....

Comment

I'll be cheering for Marquez but I have a feeling that age might finally catch up to him in this fight.

Comment

I'm rooting for a knockout. One way or the other. I'm rooting for Marquez, but I want this fight to be definitive.

Comment

Working...
                    X